Ideas -- How to Hang This With Sky Hooks

I would like to be able to attach this frame to the side of my house temporarily (a few hours at a time) without leaving any marks on the wall.

I realize this seems impossible, but this group has come up with some amazingly clever solutions in the past, so I though I'd give it a shot. I can add things to be back (PVC side) of the frame, but not the front.

Reply to
jim evans

It would be helpful to know exactly what you are doing with the device. The intent will dictate what and where support means must function.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Easy...

  1. Tie one or more ropes to back of frame
  2. Toss ropes over roof and tie off.

That's what I do when I want to get on the roof __________________

Alternate #1...

  1. Extend side pieces of frame with PVC, no cap
  2. Make 2 - "L" shaped wood frames, each leg of the "L" two or more feet long
  3. Slip one leg of each "L" into PVC
  4. Stand it up. Stick a cement block or two on other "L" legs which are now on the ground.

Adjust dimensions as needed ______________________

Alternate #2...

  1. Extend top piece of frame beyond sides
  2. Get two poles/boards of the correct length
  3. Cut "V" notch in #2 poles/boards, bore hole an inch or so lower and tie to frame
  4. Get a helper and raise the thing
  5. Brace #2 poles/boards from front

Did similar to brace a tarp on a 2" PVC frame over my tractor.

Reply to
dadiOH

What's the surface of the wall like? Would suction cups work?

Reply to
borne

By jove, I think your idea can work this way:

Thanks.

Reply to
jim evans

Yep. Even simpler & better. The strut could just become part of the frame too.

Reply to
dadiOH

Tie the ropes to the chimney !!!!

Reply to