I thought the GFI was supposed to trip ?????

Page 2 of 2

Warren Block wrote:

It's not clear, since the current required to feel a shock may be below the threshold that will trip the GFCI.
Unless it's

A web search said about 5 mA to make a GFI trip, so I see what you're saying. I thought they were much more sensitive than that, but if they were they would probably trip too often.

Warren Block wrote:

... or insensitive, which is the issue.
Or are you saying it's impossible to get shocked between hot

Warren Block wrote:

The threshold of sensation is three milliamperes. It takes six or more to trip a Class A GFCI.
--
Tom Horne