I spent a long time

I have to think you, and many, many others did not listen to, or comprehend, what President Bush said in the Declaration. He never promised it would be over in 1 hour, minus time for commercial breaks.

If you can't access the tapes you can certainly access the printed record. This is a WAR, not a made-for-tv show.

Reply to
Gort

Can you provide sources for that?

Reply to
Luke

That may well be true. It doesn't help, however, to throw out "quotes" that were never actually said by anybody. There's already too much bullshit flying around over this situation.

Reply to
Dan C

How about this? (warning, contains real quotes):

Conservative Think Tank Details Bush Miscalculations in Iraq

Larry Diamond, senior fellow at Stanford University's Hoover Institution, recently published an article detailing a long list of miscalculations in the war in Iraq.

.... "[Bush] Administration officials repeatedly deluded themselves into believing that the defeat of the insurgency was just around the corner -- just as soon as the long, hot summer of 2003 ended, or reconstruction dollars started flowing in and jobs were created, or the political transition began, or Saddam Hussein was captured, or the interim government was inaugurated."

However, as Diamond concludes, "The transition in Iraq is going to need a huge amount of international assistance -- political, economic, and military -- for years to come."

Source: Foreign Affairs, "What Went Wrong in Iraq," Larry Diamond, Sept/Oct 2004.

Reply to
Tom Miller

Whatever. There are any number of extreme wing sites around to quote stuff from. Doesn't make it accurate, correct, or valid.

This isn't the place for this junk anyway... Have a good day.

Reply to
Dan C

Please, this isn't a political newsgroup... there are plenty of other places to rant and rave about it... please just go there and do it.

Reply to
Dan C

Huh? The Hoover Institute and Foreign Affairs magazine "extreme wing"???

I suppose CNN ("Meet the Press" March 16, 2003) is also "extreme wing"?

Cheney told Russert, "Now, I think things have gotten so bad inside Iraq, from the standpoint of the Iraqi people, my belief is we will, in fact, be greeted as liberators."

Russert challenged Cheney's rosy forecast: "If your analysis is not correct, and we're not treated as liberators, but conquerors, and the Iraqis begin to resist, particularly in Baghdad, do you think the American people are prepared for a long, costly, and bloody battle with significant American casualties?"

To which Cheney responded: "Well, I don't think it's likely to unfold that way, Tim, because I really do believe that we will be greeted as liberators. I've talked with a lot of Iraqis in the last several months myself, had them to the White House.... The read we get on the people of Iraq is there is no question but that they want to get rid of Saddam Hussein and they will welcome as liberators the United States when we come to do that." Later in the interview, Cheney added, "If you look at the opposition, they've come together, I think, very effectively, with representatives from Shia, Sunni, and Kurdish elements in the population."

Towards the end of his performance, the Vice President extended his "cakewalk liberation" forecast, to further assert that American preventive military action to overthrow Saddam Hussein would stabilize the Middle East. He cited Dr. Bernard Lewis, the British Arab Bureau spook and author of the "Arc of Crisis," "Islamic card" fiasco, as his authority: "I firmly believe, along with, you know, men like Bernard Lewis, who's one of the great, I think, students of that part of the world, that strong, firm U.S. response to terror and to threats to the United States would go a long way, frankly, towards calming things in that part of the world."

Almost exactly 80 hours after Cheney's appearance on NBC-TV, the United States launched an unprovoked and unnecessary war on Iraq. According to Washington-based senior Arab diplomatic sources, governments of the Middle East were told by top Bush Administration officials, on the eve of the attack, that the Iraq war would be over in seven to ten days.

I would argue that everywhere and anywhere is the place for freedom of expression. But I will have a good day, thankful that I am fortunate enough to live in a free America that my forefathers founded and fought for, and that I have not yet been put in a concentration camp in Cuba. You have a good day too.

Reply to
Tom Miller

And you'd be wrong, again. This forum is for Home Repair. Take the anti-administration stuff somewhere else.

Reply to
Dan C

I was telling it to you, one of the ranters/ravers, and I did quote properly.

OK, then drop it.

Reply to
Dan C