I NEED HELP .. (from the ball and chain guys)

--WebTV-Mail-32518-6045 Content-Type: Text/Plain; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit
Like most of you guys who "partook" of the ritual known as .. "marriage" with the words .. "for Better or for Worse" .. I, as well as NONE of YOU knew that "Better" was only meant for her.
Ok .. Here is "JUST ONE" of my problems.
I am Always wrong.
(ha ha .. bet some of YOU are always wrong too?)
Here is my question: If I live on a cul-de-sac, and my neighbors are such Weenies that they can't back out of their drive-ways when it snows, (or ices up) and PARK THEIR ASSES in the street (on that little circle in front of our homes) and I, when backing out in the early AM ... Back In Into one of their vehicles .. because I was coming out of my (LEGAL) icy drive-way and didn't know that a ANOTHER vehicle had been added to the already crowded street .. WHO is at fault?
ME? Because my vehicle slid into one of theirs.
Them? Because they are parked in the street?
Hey .. My better half defends THEM by saying .. "They are parked in front of their homes".
I SAY .. "On a circle .. On a public accessible street, They are parked . ILLEGALLY, behind ME!
What say you?
--WebTV-Mail-32518-6045 Content-Description: signature Content-Disposition: Inline Content-Type: Text/HTML; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit
--WebTV-Mail-32518-6045--

I say you should always have your vehicle under control.
And you should get a real connection to the Internet.
Colbyt
--WebTV-Mail-20675-1376 Content-Type: Text/Plain; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit
colbyt .. Pay Really Close Attention to the end of this post!
To the rest of you .. THERE IS "ICE" .. on the roads and driveways here . I-C-E!
The neighbors are PARKING ILLEGALLY in THE STREET ... "BECAUSE" .. They slip and slid while backing out of Their driveway.
Hey Guys? Get IT? Need another clue?
COLBYT .. Which "REAL" internet connection would YOU suggest that I get?
Know whats funny COLBYT? I could do some Serious damage to YOUR browser and Right from this little webtv. I HAVE a pc. I prefer this webby!
Clowns like you, don't realize that Clowns, like Me .. Have pc connections but prefer this kiddy stuff!
Look it up .. COLBYT .. Kiddy Scriptors were BORN .. learning how to (do MORE than ..stuff) on these .. Less than "COLBYT approved browsers"!
Tell ya what COLBYT .. I have a pc .. you have a toy. I have a webby. Bet I can PROVE to this group that I can do more on this webtv than YOU can do on YOUR toy! Wanna bet?
Hey big mouth .. Don't let your weakness stand in the way!
THE MOST that you can do is post in NG's and send email!
Your lazy! You don't have a clue about HTML, Javascript, XHTML, CGI, CCXGI, Hell, forget the rest .. I lost you with the HTML!?
--WebTV-Mail-20675-1376 Content-Description: signature Content-Disposition: Inline Content-Type: Text/HTML; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit
--WebTV-Mail-20675-1376--
'To the rest of you .. THERE IS "ICE" .. on the roads and driveways here I-C-E! The neighbors are PARKING ILLEGALLY in THE STREET ... "BECAUSE" .. They slip and slid while backing out of Their driveway. Hey Guys? Get IT? Need another clue?'
Ice on the roads doesnt make it ILLEGAL to park on iced up roads . Doesnt matter if thier driveways are iced or not...so what. If there is no sign saying they cant park on the road, then, they can ...unless there is a village ordinance of some sort restricting them due to snow accumulation, certain hours of the day, etc...
From your responses...ill bet you are a difficult neighbor to have around. Try to live at peace with everyone as much as it depends on you. Does this make sense ?

Hey, this is interesting. Lay it on me fool! Let's see you do some serious damage here. Damn you're really are a stupid fool. Scripts.......LOLOLLOLOL Waaaaaaaaaaaa BaaaaaaaaaHHHHHaaaahHhhaa

Poor choice of words on my part. I assumed WEBTV defaulted to HTML.
I would suggest.
One that does not post HTML in newsgroups.
Other than that you may post anything you like.
And we will choose to read it or not.
Colbyt
Paul M wrote:

If they are legally parked, you are.
If they are illegally parked, you are still at fault if you could have avoided the accident. In that case they may also be cited for illegal parking.
That's how it is here in Florida. YMMV. And IANAL.
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net says...

My first thought is you are responsible, because you were the one who was driving. You can't ram illegally parked vehicles just because they're illegally parked, the most you can do is call the police.
But if parking on a cul-de-sac is illegal in your jurisdiction, the people who did it might have some share of negligence for parking their cars where an inattentive motorist might hit them. Was the car parked on the street against the curb, or actually blocking your driveway? Was it hidden by anything that its owner should have realized made it more likely to be hit?
<http://www.phred.org/~josh/
Everywhere I know, you are guilty. The last one who can avoid the accident is guilty. When it comes to a parked car, well it did not come out and jump in the way of your car.
Look at it this way. How would you feel if it had been a kid you did not see. If you can't see a car, you sure would not have seen a kid. Maybe it is time to quit driving or get glasses.
-- Joseph Meehan
26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
who "partook" of the ritual known as .. "marriage"<BR>with the words .. "for Better or for Worse" .. I, as well as NONE of YOU<BR>knew that "Better" was only meant for her. <BR><BR>Ok .. Here is "JUST ONE" of my problems.<BR><BR>I am Always wrong.<BR><BR>(ha ha .. bet some of YOU are always wrong too?)<BR><BR>Here is my question:&nbsp; If I live on a cul-de-sac, and my neighbors are<BR>such Weenies that they can't back out of their drive-ways when it snows,<BR>(or ices up) and PARK THEIR ASSES in the street (on that little circle<BR>in front of our homes) and I, when backing out in the early AM ... Back<BR>In Into one of their vehicles .. because I was coming out of my (LEGAL)<BR>icy drive-way and didn't know that a ANOTHER vehicle had been added to<BR>the already crowded street .. WHO is at fault?<BR><BR>ME? Because my vehicle slid into one of theirs.<BR><BR>Them? Because they are parked in the street?<BR><BR>Hey .. My better half defends THEM by saying .. "They are parked in<BR>front of their homes".<BR><BR>I SAY .. "On a circle .. On a public =
accessible street, They are parked<BR>. ILLEGALLY, behind ME!<BR><BR>What say you?</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>
------=
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net says...

Yes. If you're driving at such an excessive speed that you can't even avoid a stationary object, you're at fault.
What if that car wasn't "parked" but broken down? Should it be legal to ram people whose cars break down on the freeway? Hope you never get a flat tire....
<http://www.phred.org/~josh/
Paul M:

I think you already know the answer.
Let me ask you a question... what kind of relationship do you want to have with your neighbors?
--
Mac Cool

--WebTV-Mail-15663-5987 Content-Type: Text/Plain; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit
Thanks Mac
YOU at least, are honest.
Right or wrong really doesn't matter here, does it? Its all about how you want your quality of "neighborly Life" to be 8-)
--WebTV-Mail-15663-5987 Content-Description: signature Content-Disposition: Inline Content-Type: Text/HTML; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit
--WebTV-Mail-15663-5987--
Paul M:

Turn it over to your insurance company, let the insurance companies worry about it, that's what you pay them for.
--
Mac Cool

"Paul M" wrote in message

I say, how did such an intelligent woman end up with a smuck like you?
Look bonehead, ANY time a vehicle backs from a driveway onto public access road is illegal. That's right, in ANY jurisdiction. You're supposed to back into your driveway. And, ANY time a moving vehicle hits ANY stationary object, illegally there or not, the moving vehicle is cited. That's right, anytime.
You think you can go around and play demolition derby just because you can't control you car? It's time to hang up the keys permanently.
Make a friendly call to your local police station and have them come out, so they can get a good laugh as they're writing you out a ticket. LOLOLLOLOOLLOLLO

She can't be but so smart to be with this one. I like how it's everyone else's fault but his.
'What say you? '
Its what say the sign on your cul de sac ! If it says 'no parking when snowfall is 2" or more'....then its illegal to do so and if you backed into an illegally parked car, the legal system would most likely favor you. However, if there is no sign on your cul de sac...then anyone of your neighbors can park on the street by the curb regardless of their reason for doing so...which makes you at fault for not looking closer to see what vehicles are possibly close to your driveway. Before you get into your car early in the morning....have a look at the bottom of your driveway so you know whats out there .
Paul M wrote:

To avoid such further complications, back into your driveway. That way can exit driving forward and better see where you are going. Steve 41N
On 1/24/2005 8:18 PM US(ET), Paul M took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

I don't understand what your wife or marriage has to do with all this, but you should check your local Vehicle & Traffic laws. They often supercede anything you or your spouse believe. Here is what mine says about backing up, and speed under adverse conditions:
NYS V&T Law SEC. 1211. Limitations on backing (a) The driver of a vehicle shall not back the same unless such movement can be made with safety and without interfering with other traffic.
and...
SEC. 1180. Basic rule and maximum limits (a) No person shall drive a vehicle at a speed greater than is reasonable and prudent under the conditions and having regard to the actual and potential hazards then existing.
That about covers it for me, what say your laws?
--
Bill

you would be since your icey driveway would have caused the accident

I'd say you were correct.
You DO NEED HELP.
Badly.