I'm opening a tv repair business

I'm opening a tv repair business. On February 17, 2009 I will open my doors to business. I know there will be many customers the next day. I plan to make a fortune. By the end of March, I should be able to close the business and have enough money to retire comfortably. This is a great business opportunity.
Jim W

I did the same thing with Radon Reduction, haven't worked a day since!!! LOL
Good luck in your venture!!
snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com wrote:

Hi, If you know how to fix broken plasma or LCD panel, LOL!
ahh people open their own business so they dont have to work so hard and so many hours:)

Agreed. Since I opened my business in 1991 I've only had to work half days. The best part is it doesn't matter which 12 hours I work, I still make the same money!
On Jan 7, 5:40�am, snipped-for-privacy@searchmachine.com wrote:

yeah self employeed tends to be that way:(

I have a friend who is SO jealous that I "just sit home all day, must be nice". Ok, yes, I am home all day. I get up at 10am, feed the cats, get dressed, etc. At 10:30am I'm at the computer answering my email (my business is 100% web-based), doing paperwork, and planning my day. At noon I start my actual work. I go out to the work building and make my products until 10 or 11pm. I come back in the house, deal with email, get stuff packed and ready for shipping, make sure the post office pickup is scheduled, and update my website. Then I either eat something and watch some tv for an hour or take photographs of new items for the website.
The really "special" part is that since I sell a "luxury" (non- essential) item, my products are the first thing someone cuts out of their budget during a recession. My gross sales are less than half what they were 2 years ago. I try to buck the trend by working just as many hours and trying to get the word out on a wider scale by selling wholesale, which cuts my profit to less than 2%, which means I make about $1/hour on those projects.
Back when I worked for a giant bank I got up at 8, was at work by 9, out at 5:30, home by 6, M-F. I rarely worked more than 40 hours a week, and I made a LOT more money with no stress or headaches. Yeah, I hated it, and I'm MUCH happier now, but anyone who thinks being self- employed is easy has never tried it.
snipped-for-privacy@searchmachine.com wrote:

--------
ditto that it is harder and longer than it looks. We sell epoxies over the internet. Only answer the phone from 10:30 AM - 3 dour days a week. Folks think that is all we work!! Usually packing orders until 10 PM or so 5 nights a week including xmas etc. (any night the day before UPS has a pickup). Lots of hours. No vacations (or the business shuts down). Haven't spent a night outside my home in the past 8 years.
paul

Ha.
I don't think he is aiming his business at the LCD/Plasma market since they would generally have digital tuners that will not 'break' on 2/17/2009.

On 1/7/2009 3:36 PM Mark spake thus:

I think your leg is being pulled.
Mark wrote:

Huh? Where did you get that idea. Digital something will not break. I spent half my life in digital world. What do you think I did?
On Jan 6, 4:07pm, snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com wrote:

Im very curious. To my experience the cost of almost any part of a TV is almost as expensive as the whole set. Plus if you figure how fast technology is advancing, how are you able to find anyone who would want to have their broken television repaired instead of replaced?

Umm, it's a joke. The OP is insinuating that stupid, clueless people with analog TVs will think their TV is broken once all broadcast goes digital, and take the ancient thing in to be repaired. Analog TVs will continue to work just fine, there just won't be any signals for them to receive.
Molly Brown wrote:

He was making a joke. He thinks all the clueless folks that didn't buy digital converter boxes will think their old sets are broken, the day after the switchover, and want to get them repaired.
You are right, of course- modern TVs are basically disposable. -- aem sends...
[snip]

Are there any VCRs with ATSC tuners?

snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com wrote:

I'm thinking of starting a Usenet troll repair business. There is no shortage of broken trolls out there.
TDD