repair a pet door opening

I want to get rid this pet door opening on the exterior door and was wondering how I can repair the opening (about 2'x2').

Reply to
jyione

Details. Type of door? Solid core? Hollow core? wood? metal? etc?

Reply to
Lost-In-Translation

I think it's hollow core with sheet metal skin.

Joe

Reply to
jyione

Replace it. Buy a new door. Anything else you do will most likely look bad.

Reply to
Lost-In-Translation

I agree. An attempt would be to use a sheet of thin veneer plywood to cover both sides of the door. That would probably involve moving stops and still wouldn't look good.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K