I do not like water-saving washers

Page 3 of 3

I had one that done the same, it cleaned fairly good I thought. It set on a cement floor in the basement and moved around quite a bit, you had to be on hand when using it.
On 9/7/14, 7:40 AM, CRNG wrote:

top loaders were cheaper and more reliable, and by 1960, fewer Americans had limited water supplies.

As a person who has used a lotta laundromats w/ front loading washers over the years, I can assure you the new FL washers are not the same as the older FL washers.
The new "water saver" FL washers leave a gallon or two of wash/rinse water in the water reservoir. This is how they save water and it's also what causes that wretched stink, if not left open to air out. The old FL washers did not retain any wash water, but emptied it all like a top-loader (TL). Also, Consumer Reports did a comparison of washers (FL and TL), earlier this yr. Their final conclusion was, no current made washing machine washes as well as washers manufactured 10 yrs ago.
I suggest a used GE top loader with the lil' white lint basket perched on the top of the agitator post. They were built like tanks and out-cleaned any other washer on the mkt. Problem is, parts are beginning to disappear and no one is gonna make parts for a 20 yr old washer/dryer.
nb
On 9/7/2014 12:49 PM, notbob wrote:

Another good similar type top loader was, maybe still is, Whirlpool. I'll bet the 20 y/o Whirlpool I sold with my house 10 years ago is still working well.
WTS: My 10 y/o Whirlpool Duet is a good affordable machine. Washes the clothes and uses much less water. BUT I do have to keep the door seal wiped down throughly and leave the door open when not in use. I never have to use a sanitizer. This was not true at first and there was a short learning curve. Nothing worse than mold in a washer.

Excellent suggestion, NB. My old GE top loader c. 1994 with the leaking transmission is still out in the garage. The miseries was going to use it for rugs, etc, but the occasion never came up. I'll open it up one weekend and see what it looks like inside. If not rusted, etc., I'll look into having the transmission rebuilt. Already checked and that transmission is indeed obsolete.
On Fri, 5 Sep 2014 00:42:25 -0700, "Guv Bob"

My Aunt has one. She does the following....Use a second rinse setting if you have the option on your machine. Always leave the door open when not in use, this lets it dry out and not get moldy.
Like low water use toilets, they work great if you flush them twice!
Remove 333 to reply. Randy
And I know how to SNIP

It used to be allowed to dump the gray water outside the septic system. Well, the state and possibly the feds changed that. I have had three separate plumbers and the code enforcement guy tell me that. Something to do with chemicals causing algae bloom or some such. The plumbers just say change it back when they leave but I have to do it this way now. I can't do that stuff any more so it remains going into the septic system. I don't like it but ?
--
Tekkie

posted for all of us...

What do you think about talking to the neighbors and if they have the same problem, have a neighborhood BBQ/meeting and agree to converge on the best gubmint rep for the city/county and get this straightened out?
On Wed, 10 Sep 2014 15:56:49 -0700, "Guv Bob"

The septic system does absolutely nothing to the nutrients in gray water. Septic effluent is a nutrient
Guv Bob;3280146 Wrote: > They don't get the clothes clean and stink about every 2-3 weeks. Have > been buying some brand name cleaner that costs a fortune. Anyone have > another clearner that will get that stink out and doesn't cost and arm > and leg? Main ingredient on the brand name is sodium carbonate, so I'm > wondering if I just dump some plain sodium carbonate (washing soda) in > with some vinegar if that would do just as good. I don't want to use > bleach. > > Stupid ass environmentatlly unconscious Calif wackies. You must try to find one on Amazon hope you get a nice one their with features that you need. Because there are many seller which offering their products with different features. 'What your stock broker doesn&#8217;t want you to see' (http://easypcinvestor.com /)
--
stockbrokers