How well does the $80 harbor freight bubble balancer work on car tires?

I know the thinner the tire, the more static balancers do well versus dynamic spin balancers (or road force balancers, for that matter), so we know that's why a lot of motorcycles do just fine with just a static balance.
And, I know that an ounce of static unbalance is far worse than an ounce of dynamic unbalance, so, that's why you always want to do the static balance (note that dynamic balancers do both).
But, having no experience with this, I'm just wondering if anyone who *has* done the static-only balancing on *car* tires at home in their garage has found the static bubble balancers effective on a typical low profile car tire?
On 7/17/2015 12:25 PM, M.L. wrote:

balancer. It works fine. I bought one (later model) which turned out to be terrible quality.
http://www.harborfreight.com/portable-wheel-balancer-39741.html
This one should work fine. Can't comment on low profile, never balanced one.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

rear wheels on solid axle vehicle - but cannot "dynamic" balance a tire at all. Dynamic balance has to do with weight difference between inner and outer bead of the tire. A dynamic balance can tell you how to split the weight between the inner and outer bead area of the rim - which is important for front tires and independent suspension.