How to troubleshoot what would make a garbage disposal leak out the bottom?

Page 4 of 4
Thanks for taking the time to go thru all this, it may help folks like Leza who are just getting started in this whole home ownership/maintenance/repair stuff.
On Fri, 19 Jul 2013 07:07:20 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net wrote:

I'm not sure who "Leza" is, but, I wish I had been able to snap pictures during the process. I guess I need a new camera.
On Friday, July 19, 2013 1:51:05 PM UTC-5, Danny D. wrote:

Google makes more money by having questions forwarded to this group from other "How-To" websites.
On Fri, 19 Jul 2013 18:51:05 +0000 (UTC), "Danny D."

Leza has a camera. Maybe you can borrow it.
On Fri, 19 Jul 2013 21:58:06 -0400, micky wrote:

I guess I missed all the jokes.
On Monday, July 15, 2013 8:55:06 PM UTC-7, Danny D. wrote:

Same problem, or so it first appeared. However, after having crawled under the sink and watching very closely as I ran the disposal, with red food col ored water...to see if I could determine exactly where the leak was...I hau led ass right on over to YOUTUBE! Oh yeah, they have a boatload of these re ally cool things called videos and by golly, you can learn how to do anythi ng on YouTube.
Sorry fellas, I couldn't resist. This was an extremely entertaining read. B eing a girl, and a blonde to boot, I was rather concerned with the whole be ing under the sink with a motor housed in a heavy metal jacket over my head ...hair and all. But I did actually learn a few very good things to know he re, and thanks for the differentiation between smooth wire and ridged wire. That was a gem!
I doubt any of you will even see my reply...but hey, I'm very glad I found the post. I learned some useful things, got many, many laughs and got to po ke fun at some boys, because after all, you really can learn how to do all of this stuff on YouTube if you just phrase your query correctly. And it ta kes a helluva lot less sweat, hemming and hawing. Doubt it would be as much fun for you though.
Thanks for the info, the entertainment and the reminder that we are still m ore practical than you men are...in other words, we take the easy way out! But bless your hearts, I'm so glad we're different. Life would be so much less fun if we thought alike.
(Love the old FAA "pre-flight check, walkaround"; my dad had this posted in side his huge chart books/flight plan notebooks in his plane. Fond memories )
Julie