How to trim wall paneling?

I have built my first walls, and put paneling up on them; didn't feel up to drywalling yet, maybe next project.

On an outside corner, the paneling on one wall sticks out an inch past the perpendicular wall; so I have to trim it back. How is that done?

If this were a woodworking project I would get it close with a jigsaw and then run a flush trim router bit down it to get it perfect. But it is carpentry, and I don't see a good solution, except being careful with a handsaw. Suggestions?

Reply to
Toller

According to Toller :

Generally, you cut the panel before putting it up and use trim to hide the inevitable gap.

There's no reason you can't use a flush trim router bit. Right at the floor and ceiling you'll have to use a handsaw or perhaps pare it with a chisel.

Reply to
Chris Lewis

First the shoudas. You should have set the panel in place and marked it, taken it down, sawed along your marked line, and nailed/glued it in place.

I suggest you get one of those Japanese saws that you use for trimming the bottoms of door and have no set on one side so it won't scratch what the lies against. They are pull saws. Test it first; some times a tooth or two is over just enough to make a scratch line.

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

i used the japanese ones also

Reply to
ryano

Next time.

I used the flush trim bit for most of it and a Japanese saw for the top and bottom. I've got to get a decent Japanese saw though; mine actually had trouble going through the paneling. I have completely given up on using it to trim pocket hole plugs, which what I bought it for.

Reply to
Toller