How to solder shiny metals?

Is it possible to solder the shiny metal (chrome-plated?) that small telescoping antennas are made out of? The kind used on cordless phones and portable transistor radios.
How would I do this? Silver solder?
My old cordless phone works fine, and I was going to give it to a friend of a friend. Then I went to lift up the antenna on the base station and it snapped, half-way through. I didn't think I was applying nearly enough force, but it is a long but pretty thin one.
I'm supposed to give this to him soon, so I don't have time
snipped-for-privacy@msn.com wrote:

Those antennas are made of chrome-plated brass, which regular solder fixes well.
You may want to ask in rec.crafts.metalworking , where there's a lot of expertise.

some of these are metal coated plastic. it's hard to tell what you have from here. please hold it higher and more to the left.
you will also find that it works just fine without it.