How to replace the impeller on Kirby Heritage II vacuum

Does anybody konw how to loosen the shaft on a Kirby Heritage II vacuum? I need to replace the impeller and I'm not sure if the shaft is right or left hand threaded. Also, where is a good place to grab it so the motor can't turn when I loosen the shaft.