How to remove old GE microwave oven...

Got a now-broken, 20-year-old microwave oven that I'm trying to remove. It was made by General Electric and says "GE SpaceMaker" (or SpaceSaver?) on the outside.
I've installed other brands before, so I THOUGHT I could figure out how this old GE is being held into place (it's a 30-inch wide under the cabinets over the stove model).
I've take the upper bezel and the lower panel down and looked around inside with a flashlight, but it is still UNCLEAR just what is holding it in place.
Seems like maybe the 3-sided outermost panel (rather than just a backplate!?) is holding it in place. It may (or may not) have some kind of 'slide out on a track' thing...something visible inside sort of looks like that, but I can't find any latch-release or anything for that.
So, rather than me SPECULATE further: Can someone tell me definitely how this damn thing can be de-installed?
TIA...
Dave
David Cook wrote:

Here's a typical installation nowadays: http://products.geappliances.com/ProdContent/Dispatcher?REQUEST=SKUOBJECTS&DOCUMENT=Installation%20Instructions&SKU=JVM1640BJ
Even though it is old, is there any chance that GE has the installation instructions available? http://www.geappliances.com/geac/own_instl /
Look inside the cabinet above it. Are there 2-4 screws driven through the bottom into the microwave?
Nope. I thought of that already, and looked.
(That would be a non-standard approach, I think. This one is no doubt done the recommended way, which is what I can NOT figure out.)

Put one in not too long ago. There is a bracket that is attached to the back wall. The back of microwave hangs from the bracket and then there are two bolts that go through the cabinet that screw into the top front of the unit. MLD "David Cook" <(who wants to know?)> wrote in message

actually the front panel comes off and you will see where it is attached (more like hung) on a long screw thing through the back bracket.
Only found out after I PULLED mine out of the cabinet/wall ______________________ Claudia Totus Tuus "David Cook" <(who wants to know?)> wrote in message

Nope. The 'long screw-like thing' (which goes up at an angle) is what some of the Japanese brands use. But, the GE does NOT have any such animal.

"David Cook" <(who wants to know?)> wrote in message

above the door, these were long bolts that screwed into a steel plate bolted to the wall. The bottom of the oven was hooked over a lip on this plate. CARFULL... when the two screws(blots) are removed the oven will fall forward, it must be supported while doing this.
Good luck.
-- "Shut up and keep diggen" Jerry
I agree with this. I remember that I needed my neighbor to help me hoist it onto some rear bracket while I screwed in the 2 long screws down through the top cabinet into the top of the microwave. Very heavy... I you used a jack or something under it, you might be able to do single-handedly...
howard in santa rosa