How to Paint Metal Baseboard Heater Covers

I read an article in This Old House magazine that states- you can paint metal baseboard heater covers with the same paint thats used on the baseboards. I'm painting the basebaords w/ HD Behr latex primer and Behr lates finish coat.
I'd like to paint the metal baseboard heater cowling/covers with the same paint, but I'm concerned the latex paint might not adhere or hold up on the metal surface.
Any opinions on the above?
Thanks,
Mike

It will work.