How to open a B&D work bench?

It can't be as bad a design as I think it is. I lift it up vertically or just a bit more, slap down the back feet and lift up the front feet. Then I do a bit of painful gymnastics to get it onto all fours, spread-eagle myself onto the two front feet, and raise the SOB, which is nigh on impossible with a vice bolted down to the top.
Tips welcome.

It can be a challenge. I wedge the bottom between my feet, release the catches, and pull up. Never tried it with a vice on it...
regift it.
dean wrote:

I assume you're talking about a Workmate from your description. I'd imagine that vise is what's killing you. Why not have the vise mounted to a removable board? The vise board could be clamped by the Workmate or you could have a couple of other clamps hold it down.
However you do it, it's a process and one on an awkward object. No magic here.

If you are referring to the B&D Workmate;
Why not raise it up first,then flip out the feet? It's designed to be used with feet out or not out. Just rock it back to flip out the front feet,then rock it forward to flip out the rear feet.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
dean wrote:

The Workmate story is a great one. Innovator beating the odds and the big boys at their own game.
The inventor worked on portable workbenches for his own use and used the services of his aircraft parts factory for casting the pieces. Magnesium alloys - nothing like the stamped steel things we buy today. He shopped it around to the big tool houses, no takers. Black & Decker refused buying the rights for $50K saying that it was a clever thing but not much of a market. The inventor then proceeded to manufacture and sell it on his own. A million or so sales later, B&D game back with hat in hand asking if they could get in on it. The inventor bought his own island with the royalties.

When I pull on the latch,mine just drops down by gravity. Maybe yours needs a lube job
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik