How to make clear glass frosty

Page 4 of 4
On 10/10/2014 11:42 PM, micky wrote:

Actually, it is called Certificate of Continued Occupancy. The inspection is required each time ownership changes. If it's a rental, the inspection is required for each new tenant (unless the previous one has been there for under one year. It looks for smoke and CO detectors; 6" house numbers (the setback throughout the town for the house is 75' from the curb); steps & landings; railings; washer/drier discharge and venting; doors ("Front door must have a thumb latch lock from the interior, keyed cylinders from the interior are not allowed"); heating unit must be operational; garage (no extension cords for the opener, and the door to the house must be maintained in operative condition; roof; stove/range; floors (free of tripping hazards); plumbing; electrical; yard & Property; fences, general conditions, fire extinguishers (2A-10BC and not weigh more than 10 lbs.)
The inspection costs $155 in Manalapan. It's all part of what I call Manalapan's Exit Tax. In adjacent Marlboro, it's $135.
As I write this, the town's server is down, so I can't give you a link.
On 10/13/2014 1:21 PM, Rebel1 wrote:

We have a simple system where I live. Works like this: Sell house -- move out Buy house -- move in. No money involved.
When I bought the house I did my own inspection and it passed. The buyer of my old house did the same.
Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us...
I may not have read all messages.

I like this! A creative idea would be to make an American flag.
--
Tekkie

On 10/9/2014 8:58 AM, Rebel1 wrote:

something call Sidelight Solutions, which is a film that sticks by clinging, not adhesives. It doesn't show up on its website, but here it is: http://www.gilafilms.com/en/Window-Film-Installation-Support.aspx#.VELLF8m1tqg
Costs about $18 for a 1' x 6' film, plus extra for the application solution and the helper tools (you can use ordinary household items as substitute tools).
R1
The before and after pictures appear here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/90278919@N00/15668988395/
I replaced the original 8" x 36" safety tempered glass with polycarbonate/Lexan -- boy, does it scratch easily, even with gentle cleaning -- to prevent easy breakage and someone reaching in and opening the deadbolt.
I found a product in Home Depot from a company called artscape. artscape-inc.com
I chose the Texture Twelve pattern. Costs $20 for a 24 x 36" sheet, which includes a squeegee to push the bubbles out to the edges. Went on pretty easily.
Thanks, everyone, for your valuable suggestions.
R1
In

Thanks for the follow up. It looks good and it seems like a good way to accomplish what you wanted.
Try a sand blaster. Alternatively put the object in a 5 gal plastic jug/drum fill it with sand and rotate slowly.