How to live without electrcity

Page 4 of 4

Well..you may be on your knees..but yeah..you might survive better than the US, thats quite true.

About to? We are in free fall already.

Its all over the net already.
The results of having Obama reelected..really didnt sink in to the minds of the Drones and Useful Idiots on t he Left.
But it will..most assuredly..it will.
Gunner
-- ""
On 11/9/2012 9:05 PM, Gunner wrote:

Those dumb asses who voted for and support BeeHO and company are going to suffer from the Law Of Unintended Results and they'll blame everyone but the actual culprits, their lord and master plus his minions. I'm sort of wondering and or imagining how companies are going to reorganize with a core of 29 or whatever the trigger is, full time employees and the rest part time. I imagine Craigslist will be full of help wanted ads for people to work as independent contractors getting a 1099 tax form instead of all the tax and Social Security contributions employers handle now. It will have absolutely no direct effect on me because my medical problems keep me from holding a full time job anyway. I work for myself, do contract labor and work as hard as I can when I can. What's kind of amusing to me about the effect of Obama on the amount work I may get. I get called in to fix cluster coitus events and I have a feeling that companies which find it necessary to decrease the number of their full employees may be forced to keep their Affirmative Action morons rather than competent workers who don't qualify for Politically Correct quotas. Darn, I better rest up. ^_^
TDD
On 11/11/12 08:39, The Daring Dufas wrote:

2012 15:39:08 -0600 typed in alt.survival the following:

    Some companies can "down size" - either directly if they can, or indirectly. One route is changing employees from Permament Hires to "Contractors".     Temp or Contract Employees are the ones who will be "easiest" replaced. Other companies- they may decide that the fines are cheaper.     But don't worry "If you like your current health care insurance, you can keep it." But the medical benefits you get at work - that's not your plan, that is the company's plan.
--
pyotr filipivich
Most journalists these days couldn't investigate a missing chocolate cake
On 11/3/2012 9:40 AM, Home Guy wrote:

A Canadian village during the same time period:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/75/Igloos.jpg
TDD
On Nov 3, 4:27pm, The Daring Dufas <the-daring-du...@stinky- finger.net> wrote:

Just across the border in the USA.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/df/Tipi01.jpg/800px-Tipi01.jpg
On 11/4/2012 1:54 AM, harry wrote:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/df/Tipi01.jpg/800px-Tipi01.jpg
One of the kids who was a hero in "Mars Attacks" suggested at the end of the movie when everyone was celebrating, that we should all live in tepees. ^_^
TDD
On Sat, 3 Nov 2012 23:54:15 -0700 (PDT), harry

Actually..that was on both sides of the border. Native Americans paid no attention to international boundaries.
Gunner, Ojibwa
-- "

Snicker.
Canada will go down like a house of cards in less than 2 weeks if the need to go there ever happened.
You folks tend to be far too nice for one, there simply arent enough of you to stop it from happening in the second, and there is far far too much wide open spaces between you for the third.
Gunner
-- "

Cute. Very nice dig. Do you think you have something you have to prove? You guys are not actually inferior, you know.
I have news for you to ponder. The factors that go into having or not having a large, national, technology system up and running, with all the input vectors and natural hazards, don't know a thing about nationality.
If we get EMPed, so do you. If assorted solar phenomenon occur (again), do you think it's going to read your road signs and hang a left? Are you prepared to build your own replacement transformers for those 20 to 50 year old units in your system? You know the ones that are only built in Germany, to order, with six months to a year delivery.
Heck, if we all shut off our power at the same time, Niagara Falls might burp backwards and flood you with a tsunami. (That's just a theory. ;>)
Home Guy;2954421 Wrote:

We lived for thousands of years w/o electricity - we can live thousands of more years with it!
--
RockSockDoc

On 11/11/2012 1:57 PM, RockSockDoc wrote:

I do believe there is a TV series on right now about electricity going away in our present day technological society. ^_^
TDD
On Sun, 11 Nov 2012 15:04:48 -0600, The Daring Dufas

It is a road runner cartoon.

<snip>
Why the need to live without electricity? We had a vacation home in the Application mountains that was off grid for the entire 20+ years we owned it. We live there full time for near 4 years. Someone else is living there now.
On Sat, 3 Nov 2012 08:30:06 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

You can also shop at Lehman's' for non-electric appliances and tools https://www.lehmans.com/default.aspx
They have composting toilets, wood cook stoves, gas refrigerators, etc.
Those are excellent, for people who are far sighted enough to be prepared, as a way of life. I got some oil lamp wicks from Lehmans. Only place I could find 5/8 inch wicks. Well, that and Ebay.