how to get old wallpaper to stick

Our old wall paper edges are now unraveling and curling. I bought a bunch of wall paper glue etc and nothing makes the paper stick to the wall. Any ideas? Maybe there is a paste or special adhesive I don't know about? thanks
Joan
Joan and Papillons: Cosmo & Midge wrote:

I'd bet that a little bit of Barge Cement would hold those curling pieces down.
http://www.hanksclothing.com/barge_rubber_cement.html
Last Sunday I was cleaning the inside of my car's windshield and when done I got mildly annoyed at how two corners of the state inspection sticker were curling up, marring my handiwork.
A little bit of Barge Cement applied with a toothpick and a press of my thumb and they were stuck down real good.
HTH,
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)

Contact cement? Caution, will show yellow glue if it oozes out of the edge.
Clear silicone. But if wallpaper has some powerful curl, it may pull away probably until it sets.
Plain old glue stick. Have no idea if it would work but it's dirt cheap.
Maybe a real paint store or the like that sells wallpaper would give you some good direction.
Joan and Papillons: Cosmo & Midge wrote:

White carpenters glue. Work under, smooth paper down (but don't try to make it stick), clean off all squeeze out. Once the glue is dry, taken an iron, set it on hot and iron down the paper.
--

dadiOH

Dollar Store school supplies Muscilage. Its a thick liquid (starch based?) adhesive in a roll-on dispenser. Great for gluing on paper.