How to fix hardwood damage

While moving a treadmill, a sharp part bore into hardwood floor (the cheap laminate kind that builders often put). What is the best way to repair it so it's almost as strong and hard as the original? Any help apreciated as my house is now for sale....

Thanks, Vijay (Marlboro, New Jersey)

Reply to
vbajwa

Cheap laminate is not hardwood. Hardwood is made from wood, laminate is a high pressure laminated plastic. If that is what you have, not much will fix it. I'd use some shoe polish to color it as close as possible to the original color.

If you have real hardwood, or even engineered hardwood, that is a different story and needs different materials, such as stains, to hide the problem.

Explain better what you really have for a better answer.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski