Squeeky Hardwood and Fix

Hello,

We have a really squeeky floor - 37 yearold strip oak.

I have been playing with those floor screws where the head snaps off below the surface and leaves a small "scar". I have two questions if I may:

  1. Does laying new hardwood floor on top of an old oakfloor make sense or is this nuts? I am thinking ease of installation and height will not be an issue.

  1. If I had to rip up the old floor in the future, will these "hidden screws" cause me great grief?

Thanks for your help!

Louis

Reply to
Louis McEniry

It should not hurt, but it will not fix the squeaks and it may make more.

I don't think they will cause too much of a problem, but it might be a problem if you were trying to sand down the original finish.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan