How to drag large garbage can?

I believe two pieces of nylon rope such as clothesline would work. You can prevent wandering by trying a rope to each end of the handle. The distance between each end of the handle and the trunk hook should be less than two feet. I'd cut my ropes four feet long to have plenty of room for knots. (I like to wet the thumb and forefinger of a leather glove, hold the end of a synthetic rope over a flame, and roll the melted end between the thumb and forefinger of the glove to prevent unraveling.)

Clove hitches might work around the handle, but I'd use constrictor or miller's knots to make sure they didn't slide along the handle. A miller's knot is like a clove hitch, but you add an overhand knot where the two lines pass under the crossover turn.

Reply to
J Burns

45499b77$ snipped-for-privacy@news.flashnewsgroups.com:

This one about moving trash bins down steep driveway has been around SO many times! What kind of weird kick do they get out of re-re-re-posting it? HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

This one's different. He's trying to move the trash can UP the driveway.

Presumably, when it's empty, he can just kick it home.

Reply to
HeyBub

Dear Walter,

You can buy a small hitch for the back of your car that is designed for smaller tows like garbage cans. I'm looking into those for the same reason. If you haven't already - maybe call your garbage company. Where I used to live they had what they called an 'on-site' option for seniors and/or physically impaired. You'd have your doctor sign a form validating your age etc., and then they sign you up. The garbage man would come up to the gate and get my cans. The same service was available to sturdy folk, but they had to pay for it.

Best of luck.

Reply to
cauzeeffect8

Walter is about 90 years old now. During the past 10 years since he posted, his situation may have changed significantly.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote

Likely he has worked it out in 10 years or has died by now.

Reply to
Rod Speed

He has been on a regimen of Hydroxychloroquine and Bleach for the last decade and his only complaint is they canceled the New York Marathon

Reply to
gfretwell