How to clean fingerprints off wall

Our son has left fingerprints all over our painted walls and I am looking for tips on how to clean them off.. I don't want to damage the paint or leave dull spots so any help would be appreciated.. I have read that using TSP is an option but I thought that this is to be done only if you are re-painting? Thanks

Reply to
Konyoman

Have you tried simple products like Windex or dish detergent and water? Works 99% of the time.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Mr Clean Magic eraser or a similar store brand.

MistaRyte

Reply to
MistaRyte

It works surprisingly well for me.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Those pads work REALLY well. You do have to be careful with them, though. If you rub too much, or are too vigorous, you'll remove the paint along with the fingerprints!

Reply to
Christian Fox

sligojoe snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

It's interesting that no one has asked what the fingerprints consist of. Mud? Paint? Grease? Peanut butter?

What cleaner to use is dependant on what you want to remove.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Daly

Very true. The people who ask these dumb kind of questions are generally too stupid to wipe their own asses without some assistance. Truly amazing how some of them ever make it through life.

Reply to
Dan C