How to adjust oil furnace electrodes and flame?

Page 3 of 5  


com...
Look, instead of oblique references, just give us the excerpt from a federal website and link that says it's illegal for a homeowner to remove asbestos from their own property. I've asked for this repeatedly, yet no one claiming i't illegal can provide it, because it doesn't exist. Quite the contrary, I've provided multiple limks from state govts and asbestos organizations that not only don't say it's illegal for a homeowner to work on asbestos themselves, they give the procedures for DIY's.
Since you appear to be in the commercial business yourself, I'd suggest that either you have a vested interest in misleading people, or you're remarkably ignorant.

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Look, instead of oblique references, just give us the excerpt from a federal website and link that says it's illegal for a homeowner to remove asbestos from their own property. I've asked for this repeatedly, yet no one claiming i't illegal can provide it, because it doesn't exist. Quite the contrary, I've provided multiple limks from state govts and asbestos organizations that not only don't say it's illegal for a homeowner to work on asbestos themselves, they give the procedures for DIY's.
Since you appear to be in the commercial business yourself, I'd suggest that either you have a vested interest in misleading people, or you're remarkably ignorant.
----------------------------------------
When you have the training, education, certifications and experience in handling asbestos and other HAZARDOUS WASTES, then come on back. You have a lot of homework to do, I suggest that you get started. BTW... before you begin your little project, Since you don't want to believe us, I suggest that you contact your local EPA, and OSHA offices, as well as you State, County, and City and get them to give you copies of their laws and regulations that apply to *YOU*.
Until then, don't let the door hit you in the ass.
*click*
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

s.com...
In other words, just as before, you're incapable of supplying any reference to any federal law that says it's illegal for a homeowner to do asbestos work on their own home. Not surprising, either, because IT DOESN'T EXIST. That's right, despite any training, education, certification, and experience you MIGHT have, you still don't know what you're talking about. Face it, you're in way over your head here, yet you continue to come back for another whopping.
You have a

You mean like this, from Cape May County NJ:
http://www.cmcmua.com/SOLID%20WASTE%20DISPOSAL%20PAGES/asbestos.htm
"The "Homeowner's Guide for the Disposal of Asbestos" is issued by the CMCMUA to assist the homeowner when they are removing and disposing asbestos from their personal residence.
Under current New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP) and New Jersey Department of Labor Regulations (NJDOL), there is nothing that prohibits the homeowner from removing, packaging and disposing of asbestos roofing, siding and insulation from his personal residence. For further information on New Jersey asbestos regulations, you may refer to the following websites:
http://www.state.nj.us/health/iep/asbestos_faq.shtml . http://www.nj.gov/dep/dshw/rrtp/asbestos.htm "
Dumb ass. There it is for you and it couldn't be any clearer. Yet, I suspect you'll be back for another whooping.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 07:01:33 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

This does not address Federal Regulations. Just because local laws may or may not allow it, that doesn't trelease you from Federal regulations.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

The lower levels of government that deal with asbestos are certainly aware of federal regs. They are the basis of what can be done legally. Their advice would be compliant with federal regs.
Nice links.
Still missing - any cite to federal regs that say homeowners can't remove asbestos in their homes. As trader has said they should be easy to find if they exist.
[I can see why alt.hvac has a bad rep.]
--
bud--

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
bud-- wrote:

Yes we do.. it is because useless asshole like you manage to contaminate our professional group with idiotic trolling.

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

Couldn't have said it better!
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Don Ocean wrote:

Q.E.D.
On one side is an engineer (registered professional engineer in several states) who is a consultant and project manager in environmental areas and certified in asbestos removal who says homeowners can remove asbestos. Also explicit information from several state governments sites and other agencies provided by trader that says that says homeowners can remove asbestos.
On the other side is Don who has still not cited federal regs that say homeowners can't remove asbestos in their homes. As trader has said the regs should be easy to find if they exist.
--
bud--


Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

It *STILL* doesn't matter..... what does matter is that the person that is doing the asbestos removal has to check with *ALL* of the required state, county, and city officials reguarding asbestos removal, and comply with their regulations, monitoring, and inspection requirements. Remember that the state, and local regs are based on FEDERAL regulations.
In any case, this conversation is done.
Have a nice day
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Don Ocean wrote:

My source is not a boiler engineer. He has a 4 year college degree in engineering, has the required experience in the field, and has passed the professional engineer tests to become a professional engineer. .

As a professional engineer he is, of course, aware of liability issues.
Still missing (what a surprise) - any links to government sites that say homeowners are not allowed to remove asbestos in their homes.
If we follow Noon-Air's advice and look at state government pages we find the sites trader has posted that say a homeowner can remove asbestos in their homes. It is stupid to think a state would give advice that is contrary to federal law. A homeowner of course needs to find out the requirements including disposal.
Not part of my argument - my guess is the regulations under 29CFR/OSHA apply to workplace safety and not outside the workplace - at home. EPA regulations, which include disposal, do. (That is also what clare said.)
--
bud--

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
bud-- wrote:

Professional Engineer. It is more like a guild system than one which guarantees knowledge and ability.
Boden
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Boden wrote:

He owned a company with something like 20 employees. Over half the work was in environmental areas - defining the nature and extent of a problem, designing a remediation plan, and getting the plan through the regulatory maze. In some cases also doing the cleanup work.
Most of the remaining work was also related to regulatory compliance like worker and community right-to-know, confined space entry, ....
The common thread is knowing and applying government regulations.
--
bud--

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Notice you posted this link, without comment. And that is likely because that link, which I had seen days ago when I first started looking for the truth, doesn't say it's illegal for a homeowner to remove asbestos in their own home. It only says "should". It also says it's RECOMMENDED that minor repair be done by professionals too. Are you going to try to claim that makes repair work illegal too?
Clearly, if it were illegal, the EPA would just come out and say that, not leave it to tea leave readers. Saying removal and repair should be done by people trained and qualified in handling asbestos, is similar to some auto advice site saying brake repair should be done by people trained and qualified in auto repair. Does that mean there's a federal law making it illegal to work on the brakes of your own car?
BTW, depending on the type of asbestos product, the extent of it, etc, there are certainly many cases where I would agree with the EPA's advice that a homeowner should get professionals to do it. But that doesn't make it illegal under federal law to DIY.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Apparently you do, because you replied, didn't you?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Fri, 14 Nov 2008 07:02:28 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

Don't mistake a reply for caring, fool.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Nov 10, 10:14am, snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

So, what exactly is your point? Are you saying there is a federal law that prohibits a homeowner from doing their own asbestos work or removal? That is what was claimed and being discussed. No one here ever denied there are regulations that must be followed, only that it IS NOT ILLEGAL FOR A HOMEOWNER TO DO THE WORK THEMSELVES ON THEIR OWN HOME THEY LIVE IN. And if there were a federal law making it illegal for a homeowner to remove asbestos, do you actually believe that the various state DEP authorities I've cited would put up websites telling their residents that it's legal, how to do it, and the procedures to follow? Of course if it were illegal under federal law, the state agencies would just simply state that. Did you look at the links I provided from WA, DE, UT, NJ where they outline how residents may remove and dispose of asbestos?
And despite all that, if you still claim it's illegal under federal law, then just provide us with a reference to back it up. I've asked for it repeatedly and it hasn't been provided, because it doesn't exist.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 05:21:21 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

If you have paid all your state and local taxes, do you still need to worry about Federal taxes?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 09:23:33 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

No STATE law may transcend federal law. If federal law prohibits something, no state law can allow it. The reverse is not true. Just because federal law does not prohibit something does not mean state law cannot. One step further, municipal laws cannot transcend state laws, but can prohibit things allowed by state law UNLESS the higher jurisdiction specipically outlighns certain "rights".
In other words, if the feds say you can NOT do something, no state or municipal law can allow it. If a federal or state law enshrines something as a right, a lower level of government can NOT prohibit it.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 15:43:03 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

You really don't have the complete picture. Even in the federal government, you can meet one federal law that is administered by one department, and still not be free and clear of other regulations or laws under the purview of another department.
You may need local, state and Federal permits, or even several permits from various departments at each level, and they may all have differing requirements. Sometimes they even have CONFLICTING requirements, and you have to break one law to comply with another.
The Federal government may not prohibit a homeowner from removing asbestos, but they may put such onerous restrictions and requirements on it that it is not practical. Just because your local town or city permits you to remove asbestos and take it to the dump in a garbage bag, does not mean you have complied with all applicable state and Federal requirements and laws.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Related Threads

    HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.