How to adjust oil furnace electrodes and flame?

:

ide quoted text -

Thanks for clearing up what most of us already know. Of course that has zero to do with the issue. I provided you with many state EPA sites that outline the procedure for homeowners to use when removing asbestos. Any thinking person will realize that these EPA depts are not going to post detailed procedures for residents to follow if federal law makes it illegal for a homeowner to remove asbestos. Instead, they would simply post that per federal law, it's illegal and that would be the end of the story.

And once again, if it's illegal, then just provide the link to the federal law/regulation that states that. I've provided links that show the DIY procedure for various states. Why can't you? Oh, that's right, because it doesn't exist.

Reply to
trader4

. My source is not a boiler engineer. He has a 4 year college degree in engineering, has the required experience in the field, and has passed the professional engineer tests to become a professional engineer. .

. As a professional engineer he is, of course, aware of liability issues.

Still missing (what a surprise) - any links to government sites that say homeowners are not allowed to remove asbestos in their homes.

If we follow Noon-Air's advice and look at state government pages we find the sites trader has posted that say a homeowner can remove asbestos in their homes. It is stupid to think a state would give advice that is contrary to federal law. A homeowner of course needs to find out the requirements including disposal.

Not part of my argument - my guess is the regulations under 29CFR/OSHA apply to workplace safety and not outside the workplace - at home. EPA regulations, which include disposal, do. (That is also what clare said.)

Reply to
bud--

Please don't attribute too much to the fact that someone is a Professional Engineer. It is more like a guild system than one which guarantees knowledge and ability.

Boden

Reply to
Boden

quoted text -

What are you arguing with me for? I agree with you - gee, some guys can't read, or what?

Reply to
clare

Tony -

It's not a state mandate, it's a FEDERAL MANDATE ..... has to do with the Hazardous Materials Act of 1979. Although, in the Great State of California, there's a Prop. 65 list which includes asbestos.... as a hazardous carcinogen.

Reply to
Zyp

Ok Don;

You are right about the evidence. Although, that last little Columbia problem left plenty of evidence.

Reply to
Zyp

That was coming down. The real kaboom sending it up was a booming success. ;-p

Reply to
Don Ocean

Steve

Steve

Notice you posted this link, without comment. And that is likely because that link, which I had seen days ago when I first started looking for the truth, doesn't say it's illegal for a homeowner to remove asbestos in their own home. It only says "should". It also says it's RECOMMENDED that minor repair be done by professionals too. Are you going to try to claim that makes repair work illegal too?

Clearly, if it were illegal, the EPA would just come out and say that, not leave it to tea leave readers. Saying removal and repair should be done by people trained and qualified in handling asbestos, is similar to some auto advice site saying brake repair should be done by people trained and qualified in auto repair. Does that mean there's a federal law making it illegal to work on the brakes of your own car?

BTW, depending on the type of asbestos product, the extent of it, etc, there are certainly many cases where I would agree with the EPA's advice that a homeowner should get professionals to do it. But that doesn't make it illegal under federal law to DIY.

Reply to
trader4

He owned a company with something like 20 employees. Over half the work was in environmental areas - defining the nature and extent of a problem, designing a remediation plan, and getting the plan through the regulatory maze. In some cases also doing the cleanup work.

Most of the remaining work was also related to regulatory compliance like worker and community right-to-know, confined space entry, ....

The common thread is knowing and applying government regulations.

Reply to
bud--

Apparently you do, because you replied, didn't you?

Reply to
trader4

Don't mistake a reply for caring, fool.

Reply to