How's this possible?

I was reading the post about a boiler which dimmed the lights in the house. It intrigued me, because all of a sudden I have a similar problem.
My lights just started dimming a couple days ago, and I wondered what was causing it. Now, you may think I'm cuckoo, but I figured it out while sitting out on my deck at night. Every time my lights dim, it's because my neighbors A/C kicks on. It never fails, I had my wife sit out there with me, to make sure it's not my imagination. How is this possible? What steps do I take to correct this?
Thanks
Call the utility company. You and your neighbor are probably connected to the same transformer . If his condenser is really large and or the transformer is really undersized, you'll get some dimming when the condenser starts (momentarily)

Also can be caused by a poor electrical connection at the transformer.

--
Just my $0.02 worth. Hope it helps
Gordon Reeder

Could be a bad connection anywhere between the transformer and your house or his house.
Stretch
RBM wrote:

Assuming that the transformer is sized correctly and that there are no electrical connection problems, you could ask your neighbor to install a "hard start" kit. This will reduce the starting surge drawn from the power line, and reduce the light flicker that you are seeing. (I'll bet your neighbor's lights dim more than yours do!).
Dacore wrote:

You live in a neighborhood of clever people.
Your neighbor is running his air conditioner from your electrical service.
Dacore wrote:

You are getting dimming because a problem has developed between the transfomer secondary and both of your homes. The utility should be asked to find and clear this fault imediately. -- Tom Horne
"This alternating current stuff is just a fad. It is much too dangerous for general use." Thomas Alva Edison