How much work to remove a dishwasher?

Page 2 of 2

Hey! That is exciting! I looked up "fill valve" and it *almost* looks as though I might be able to do it. Whatta challenge! Thanks, I guess, for complicating my life even further <g>

Higgs Boson wrote:

It may even be easier than you think. The "fill valve" is driven by a water level sensor (usually located in the right-front of the washer). This is a float mechanism similar to the float gizmo in a toilet. SOMETIMES this sucker gets stuck due to buildup of what the professionals call "mung". This condition is easily fixable by pulling straight up on the float and using a Boy Scount knife to scrape out the "mung."
Once you get the float sorted out, and the dishwasher is again operating, add a teaspoon of TSP (available in the paint department of the box store) to each wash.
Whatever the outcome, please do tell us how you resolved the problem.

fill valves often fail. to test valve connect power cord to valve, if it fails to open no water entry .valve is bad.....
of course make certain someone didnt shut off a valve somewhere cutting the water supply:(

I used to use my old dishwasher as a drying rack. Worked great.
With that as b.g. how much work is it to remove a dishwasher? Is my idea workable at all? Your input valued.
HB
It's really simple for a simple handy type but you must releaise there is electrical work to do as well. many dishwashers are electrically NOT plugged into an outlet but rather direct wired to a line, usually thru the floor. You'll have to trace your line and end the wire in a junction box, preferably snaking it back thru the floor and ending it at a floor joist.
If you are lucky it may be a plugged into a wall socket. There is a removable kick plate that the remover can remove at the base of the dishwasher to scout around before proceeding. shut off elecity to the washer before working of coarse.
Download a manual from the interwebs that'll show you diagrams and whatnot to visually learn how a dishwasher is installed :) GE, Maytag etc, they are pretty much installed the same with same dimensions.