How much does it cost to heat "corned beef brisket" for 2 hours at 350 degrees?

Funny how that works but you are CORRECT !

If you eat two pounds of brisket at one sitting you're some glutton.

Brisket is *always* worth it. There's a Mexican restaurant here that sells brisket enchiladas (as well as other such brisket dishes). Yum!

Those words are written in stone.
On 3/16/2013 11:33 AM, Banter wrote:

But it's much more efficient to only heat the oven once than it would be to do it multiple times...she's almost certainly right (and it's being pretty miserly on pennies when there undoubtedly are many more usages that are far more extravagant you don't mind or recognize I'd wager).

You can't. All depends on the heat loss/insulation of your oven which we don't know.
You need to check it with your electricity meter. Be sure everything else is turned off.

It's pre-cooked if you buy it at the deli counter or in a can. If you buy a brisket, it's raw beef that has been brined and it comes in a plastic packaged surrounded by the brine. You braise it for a couple hours, as he indicated.
Also, you don't have to do it in the oven. You can simmer it in a pot on the range. So,, if Banter has a gas range, that is probably the most cost effective way.
On Sat, 16 Mar 2013 10:53:29 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

Correct. The label says you can cook it either way.

*You need to find out what the watts consumption is on the heating element(s) in the oven. This information might be available in the manual or the parts book. Also check the wiring diagram on the back of the stove. Then you can do a rough estimate. The elements will not be on 100% of the time while cooking, but perhaps 50% will work for your equation. Divide the element wattage by 1000 to get kilowatts.
On Sat, 16 Mar 2013 17:07:54 -0400, "John Grabowski"

Toaster oven vs regular oven.
A toaster oven has to keep less volume warm, but has less insulation.

The volume isn't all that important[*] air doesn't take much energy to heat up. Once it's heated it doesn't matter. Insulation is the key difference.
[*] However, surface area does matter, which does increase as volume does, albeit at a 2/3s power.

Use a crock pot. Oven is too inefficient for that much meat.
Where do you live that you pay those rates? I thought we were high at 19¢.
$11,456.83
On 3/16/2013 11:51 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

And the slow braising in the crockpot is perfect for a tough cut. Throw it in the pot with some root vegetables and open 8 hours later for some good eating.

On 3/16/2013 12:33 PM, Banter wrote:

Since typical corned beef is around that weight maybe just cut it in half. That way you only need to run the oven for 1 hour and 45 minutes each time?

Why would you run the oven twice, instead of once? Two pounds is small for a corned beef. I just bought one that's almost 4 pounds. You cook it once and you can keep it for a week in the fridge. I just use it for sandwiches. And whateve weight you start with, you lose probably 25% during cooking.
On 3/17/2013 10:34 AM, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

Just being cynical. The OPs main point seemed to be that a very large piece of meat was chosen because of "saving money"
Agree that you handle corned beef like any large cut or roast. Cook it then get a couple meals and sandwiches etc out of it.

His point about what was being saved wasn't clear. I took it to mean that the wife was saving money by buying a piece of corned beef and then cooking it herself as opposed to buying corned beef that was already cooked. Especially since the size given, 2 lbs, isn't large for a brisket, it's actually small. Typical piece is more like 2.5 to 4 lbs. Which is what you want, because it probably loses 25 to 33% when cooked. And most folks don't just eat it at one meal, because it's even better IMO, when used for sandwiches. That 3.8 pound one isn't gonna last long here....
George wrote on Mon, 18 Mar 2013 09:25:37 -0400:

Actually, I was comparing a simple T-bone steak to the corned beef. The steak seems to cook much faster, even though it costs most to buy.

If he really wants to save, he'll toss a chicken and a meatloaf in the oven at the same time. One part of dinner is then done for the week.

It does not work that way. Half the weight does not equal half the time. In order to make a tough cut, like brisket, tender, you have to bring it up to 163 degrees and hold it there until the collagen breaks down.
Same idea when making bbq. You have to take the time.
On 3/16/2013 12:33 PM, Banter wrote:

If your wife is a good cook, STFU and enjoy the brisket! Sheeeesh!