How effective is the National Do Not Call Registry?

I did get a rise out of one woman. I asked her if her father knew what she did to get money. And she said "Feck you". or some mispronunciation of the obvious well known phrase. (It's amazing that after only 2 months,I can no longer remembe exactly what she said. )

I ask women if their father knows what they do, and men if their mothers know. I know that some of these girls don't feel close to their fathers, maybe were even abused by them, but I think most girls even in the countries these people call from aren't in that situation, and they want the respect of their fathers. I'll admit, if I were broke and needed money to eat. I'd take a job like this too, and even worse.

I don't use the phrase, "earn a living". I just say "get money".

Reply to
micky

Since I only [well most of the time] use Win98, there is NO way that any messages went out from this system to microsoft telling of problems, PLUS am located in rural area so dial up is only access and that is NOT simultaneous to telco either, so when I received call I was curious, acted dumb, and followed the request, machine ON? yes, etc, etc. But when she asked me to find the "STAR" on my screen, I had NO idea what she was talking about. I asked what STAR? She said STAR in lower corner. I don't see any STAR. There is NO STAR on my machine. That is when she got foul mouthed Really shocking foul mouth, too. So I told her that all the incoming calls here are logged and tracked and traced for security and it's against FCC Rules to use foul language over the public telephone system, she went click! It was only then that I realized she meant 'START' not 'STAR' Boy did I feel foolish. Somebody should tell these ladies to annunciate better, AND to get a better VOIP because the one they're using was terrible! Well, that bit of entertainment was cheap.

Reply to
RobertMacy

I suppose you also wondered why your credit card company was giving you frog protection (grin).

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Rick posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP