How does the typical mains power connect in the USA anyway?

You must be boring to be around on New Year's Eve. :-)

Reply to
Nightcrawler®

Close. The peaks are the same between L1 and L2 (X1 and X2). Positive, or negative.

Reply to
Nightcrawler®

Didn't know that. Nice to provide a laugh, now and again. Need a laugh, here, after moving six inches snow off the driveway. And then the church sidewalk.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Can't never trust two phased trolls, living in houses where they pay for sin waves.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I wonder what people do, in such a case. Me, I get the generator out. Light a few stove burners, light off some candles, oil lamp, that kind of thing.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

After the 27th round of "Angels we have heard on high", a couple people started to gnaw off their own legs to get away. They weren't at all impressed when I tried to put them to bed at

9 PM, sleeping separately of course.
Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Actually, they only provide the sin waves. You still pay for them...

Reply to
Nightcrawler®

I used to have a generator. Not here. I do have a 60,000 BTU floor furnace that could double as a stove. As for electrical stuff, I guess I could suffer without for a bit. Lights? I don't need no stinking lights! *thump, doh!*

Reply to
Nightcrawler®

Did you nail the windows shut?

Reply to
Nightcrawler®

Yes - 60 up and 60 down One cycle inclues both an up and a down.

Reply to
clare

You install power company generators? Why would protection be simpler?

"Distribution panel"? Are we talking about the same thing?

Reply to
krw

How is it a fusible link? There can't be more current in the neutral than in either of the hots.

Reply to
krw

You mean like you did before you referenced it?

Time is short.

The engineers, here, did.

Reply to
krw

Give it up. Trader will never buy it.

Trader is a lot of things, but troll? That would explain...

Reply to
krw

Come on. Everyone knows that a sine wave and it changes sign twice per cycle. ;-)

Reply to
krw

If you had no center tap, you certainly would not. One or the other, but not both.

You really are a dumbshit.

Reply to
krw

Correct. Trader got his EE degree from Cracker Jax.

Reply to
krw

And that reminds me of the song Signs by the Five Man Electrical Band.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Thanks. Got a laugh out of that mental picture. So totally Homer Simpson, there.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon