How do I stop new toilet seat from slipping?

Page 2 of 2

Use bondo or quksteel to make you a conical washer. While still pliable, make a small donut shaped piece and place it in the top of the porcelain holes and install the seat and let it set for 15 minutes.
It comes off with the seat with a tap on the bolt from the bottom.
On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 13:44:06 -0500, trader-of-some-jacks

On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 13:44:06 -0500, trader-of-some-jacks

I've seen some newer toilet seats come with a double sides foam tap, shapped like an o-ring, to help secure the seat. It works like a washer, and keeps the seat from sliding. Might want to see if they have this, or rubber washers to help keep your seat secure.
Just guessing.....
tom @ www.BlankHelp.com
In article

Thanks for the great suggestions, everyone. They seemed pretty obvious in retrospect, but I'd not thought of them before. I couldn't find conical washers that would accommodate the bolt and fit into the holes in the toilet, so I just got some double-stick tape, and that seems to be working fine.
I actually did some checking and I guess the toilet seat I bought probably did come with some adhesive pads or conical washers, but I must have just torn through the box, grabbed the seat and the bolts, and thrown the other stuff out. Oh well.
replying to trader-of-some-jacks, Mel wrote:

Try these... (Amazon.com product link shortened)03558696&robot_redir=1
On 6/25/2014 11:44 AM, Mel wrote:

I just use Lock-tite on the bolts.
On 6/25/2014 12:49 PM, Moe DeLoughan wrote:

How about a couple of Velcro strips on your ass? They make it with adhesive to apply. You really only have to do one cheek for it to work.
On 6/25/2014 2:39 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

He'd have to sit on the pot with the lid and seat up, as the seat shifts. Velcro on the toilet bowl. But, it sure would work.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Just be sure the toilet is at no more than a 20 degree angle.from horizontal.