How do I stop new toilet seat from slipping?

Thanks for the great suggestions, everyone. They seemed pretty obvious in retrospect, but I'd not thought of them before. I couldn't find conical washers that would accommodate the bolt and fit into the holes in the toilet, so I just got some double-stick tape, and that seems to be working fine.

I actually did some checking and I guess the toilet seat I bought probably did come with some adhesive pads or conical washers, but I must have just torn through the box, grabbed the seat and the bolts, and thrown the other stuff out. Oh well.

Reply to
trader-of-some-jacks

This just came across my desk.

Once again you wake me up for the trivials.

Nobody knows anything Who cares I didn't see anything No Cover up attempt

- The Virus

- Stainless Steel Hinge Post - 5 Lb 5 Oz - Mfg #420HPSS

$18.99

abuiltcomputer

Frankly I am getting sick and tired hearing about your Master painting ability and your skills at taping.

Reply to
abuiltcomputer

Try these...

Mel

I just use Lock-tite on the bolts.

Reply to
Moe DeLoughan

How about a couple of Velcro strips on your ass? They make it with adhesive to apply. You really only have to do one cheek for it to work.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

He'd have to sit on the pot with the lid and seat up, as the seat shifts. Velcro on the toilet bowl. But, it sure would work.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Just be sure the toilet is at no more than a 20 degree angle.from horizontal.

Reply to
micky

replying to trader-of-some-jacks, yeastbite wrote: There is some bad advice below. Adhesive washers don't last. the main reason a seat slips is that the hole in the ceramic is much bigger than the bolt holding the seat down, so eventually loosening occurs. get the spoecial tapered or conical washers mentioned to pack the bolt so it is tight in the hole-or do what i did and get a piece of the right size rubber fuel line from your auto parts shop and use this as the washer. also you can get stabilizers that screw into the underside of the toilet seat and stop sideways movement-google toilet stabilizers or look on ebay

Reply to
yeastbite