How do I clamp something outside to a square post?

Just seems to me that every clamp I find is round. I'd like to clamp something securely to an iron handrail that's solid. I really don't want to drill and tap it. Am I missing the obvious?
hose clamp, hook 2 togrther if you need to

Don;'t know if that's what you want, but if it is, don't look in HD or Lowes. They don't have any. But Ace Hardward was selling about 9 sizes.

ironmongery like that. I find they have a much better choice of wierd stuff than regular hardware or big-box. How big is the square post? If a couple inches or bigger, start you hunt in the cannonball door/stock pen hardware aisle. If that doesn't work, local machine shop can make you whatever you need, but it'll cost a few bucks.
aem sends...
It would help to have some sizes. Whatcha building? UV resistant nylon tie straps come to mind. They conform pretty well.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

whatever it is you want to attach.
A few places to try: http://www.fastenal.com/web/home.ex http://www.gibsonstainless.com/stainless_u-bolts.htm http://shop.easternmarine.com/index.cfm?fuseaction talog.catalog&categoryID(0
On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 06:56:12 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

And what are you clamping to it?

mother-in-law to it.

Sounds to me like he needs a square hose clamp.