household flow rate

A bit of help please?
I am sizing a UV system for my home. I am on city water with no pumps or other devices.
The city inspector has asked for the methodology that I will use for calculating flow to size the UV system.
Does anyone know of a web site or a procedure that I can use to calculate flow for my home to size the uv system and also show it to the city inspector? The UV systems are sold based on GPM of flow through the system.
Any help would be appreciated.
I don't have an answer other than to ask the UV sales people, but I'm curious why your city inspector cares about it?
Ken wrote:

I would use the city water meter.
Decide which fixtures and appliances will/could operate simultaneously: Tub filling, dishwashr, washing machine, toilet(s) filling, shower. I assume sill cocks will be piped around the UV.
Run those fixtures for some fixed time and record meter readings.
Jim