House Humidifier

    I had an Aprilaire 400 insalled last week and am worried that i may have wasted m money.
    The humidity in the house has NOT risen and im quite sure it has actually dropped.
    When it was first installed, by turning the dial on the humidistat you could roughly assume that the humidity level was apporx. 25%. Well this morning it indicated that it was now at about 15%.
    The resevior fills with water when needed but the humidity never seems to rise, every morning i am waking up drier and stuffier. I turned the manual dial up to 40% and it hasnt helped. do i have it set too low, too high, is there something that i should do that i am not thinking of?
    I didn't buy this so that i would still have to run my small room humidifier. But i'm worried that i'll have to.
steve
Why not call your instaler, if the units works, was put in right , and you are operating it right your humidity would be higher.
make sure the damper is open
Wayne

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 8:46:48 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@slightlymanic.com wrote:

What were you using before for a humidifier?

What is the outside atmospheric humidity? Where do you live that the humidity is so low?
snipped-for-privacy@slightlymanic.com wrote:

Not at all a valid method of measuring humidity!
Expect the humidity to be lower first thing in the morning with a good system. The outside is colder and it should reduce the humidity slightly when it is cold outside to prevent too much condensation on windows etc.

Are you sure you are stting the dial to 40%? According to their on line manual you have the same dial I have and those numbes 1 - 6 are not percentages, they are just numbers, nothing more.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
I don't think the 400 has automatic adjustment on it. I have the 550 and it does have that feature (what a godsend).

edee em wrote:

According to their web site it seems to. It shows it in the on line manual.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
Did you call your heating guy back?
Sounds like something is wrong -- bad water hookup, damper closed, water line not feeding onto the media pad. Humidistat wired wrong -- any of a bunch of things.
wish I was a bit closer to come and look at it for you.
--

Christopher A. Young
Join Alt-Hvac Moderated