Hot to cut off wall-to-wall carpet

We have a wall-to-wall carpet that runs in the hall and one bedroom We want to keep the bedroom carpeted, but take up the hallway portion.
Never having done this: How and where do I make the cutoff ? How and where do I cover the transition point from floor to carpet ?

I would let the floor refinishing contractor you will no doubt hire to make the floor currently under the wall to wall carpeting pretty once again worry about the transition... Is your home old enough to have hardwood floors under the wall to wall carpeting or are you ready for a big surprise to find only plywood under neath the carpet and padding after you have it removed ?
On 6/8/2012 7:11 AM, Atila Iskander wrote:

The takeaway from this thread is... Go down to the carpet store and ask the question. Take samples of the carpet and the flooring you're gonna put in place of the carpet. Buy the transition strip BEFORE you cut the carpet.
I'd worry about stuff like the safe-T-strip. I'd bet you can make it work very well by the 10th time you install one. First time, not so much...