Home builder's nightmare

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/10/15/this-couple-built-their-680000-dream-home-then-they-realized-it-was-on-their-neighbors-land/
The URL gives a few hints as to the article. With two survey companies on the job, how could this happen?
Yeah, it's news items like that one that make me feel a bit better when I screw something up.
--
nestork

On 10/16/2014 11:26 AM, nestork wrote:

Nothing like looking at this, to make me feel better about my own troubles.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
nestork wrote:

Hi, Right on! such thing happens when depending on technology too much, not exercising common sense. How many folks ended up in a wrong place blindly following GPS?
On 10/16/2014 11:49 AM, Tony Hwang wrote:

But a lot more have ended up in the wrong place because they didn't have a GPS.
On 10/16/2014 12:49 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

More than we wish to consider.
http://cl.jroo.me/z3/j/M/7/c/a.aaa.jpg
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Oh, how many times I've gone in circles. I was following my GM navigation according to address. Everything was fine, then it said to the effect, your on your own. I swear. I switched to the garmin.
Greg
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Hopefully they can work something reasonable out swapping lots or whatever. Worst case moving a home a short distance isn't impossible nor should it be outrageously expensive either. Sounds like the first surveyor's insurance may be footing some of the bill.

Surveyors make mistakes because they assume things rather than starting everything from zero.
That is one ugly "dream house".

+1
--

dadiOH

If a house is built near the water it needs to be raised off the ground and on posts so the water can go under it.
I almost bought into a time share at the beach. Friend just about had me talked into it, then he said it was on the second floor and no elevator. To make things worse, it was built on what looked like telephone poles about 15 or 20 feet tall so it was the equal of 3 floors. That killed the deal.
That will require stairs. I worked in a building that had 3 to 6 floors depending on where you were . Each floor had two flights of 10 to 14 steps. Thought when I moved from a single story house I would get away from stairs except togo to a basement. Could not find a house like that but did find one with a basement and a half floor upstairs. Two bedrooms and a bath. Very seldom go up there unless the other bathroom is occupied as it is just me and my wife now. The master bedroom is on the first floor as is the laundry area.

My area of the world has plenty of McMansions springing up, replacing beautiful old houses. They're made more hideous by the huge fence that invariably surrounds them, like the Huns are going to attack. But the owners must think that they are attractive.