Help - shallow vanity

I need to find someplace that sells shallow bathroom vanityies. Needs to be 60" wide, and no more than 15" deep.

These are common in Europe but not here in the US.

I've spend hours googling - any ideas ?

Budget is not lavish so custom work or shipping from England is out.

Reply to
roger61611

Five foot wide, and only a foot and change deep? That is a shelf, not a vanity.

Assuming you are talking about the cabinet, and not a molded top with integral shallow sink, use a kitchen cabinet upper cabinet(s) of appropriate height, and fake a toe kick for it. You won't find a stock drawer that shallow, but you can get pretty much whatever door arrangement you like. As to the top, at a low price point, Formica and a bar sink would be the likely candidates. For tight quarters like that, most people go with a shallow wall-hung sink, and cubbyhole or wire shelves hung high for storage. It makes the room feel bigger. Just out of curiosity, what sort of dead space are you trying to turn into a bathroom? Even if local code allows it, keep in mind most buyers prefer a bathroom big enough to turn around in.

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

Long story. The bath itself was built to be long and narrow. It had a tiny vanity in it that stuck out about 20" from the wall, i'd like to get a proper sink/vanity and allow more room to walk around the thing.

I was eyeing the kitchen cabinets and home depot and had the same realization but could not get around the lack of drawers if I were to fashion something from cabinets.

Reply to
roger61611

Long story. The bath itself was built to be long and narrow. It had a tiny vanity in it that stuck out about 20" from the wall, i'd like to get a proper sink/vanity and allow more room to walk around the thing.

I was eyeing the kitchen cabinets and home depot and had the same realization but could not get around the lack of drawers if I were to fashion something from cabinets.

I could not find one online just now but I know that a 16" depth cabinet is still made. I installed one last year.

Maybe you could gang a couple of them together and then build or buy a top to fit. If you were lucky enough to find a place that sold them with drawers left and drawers right, the modifications would be minimal.

Most likely the kitchen cabinet will result in a better selection and higher quality. Drawers of the sliding shelf nature could be added behind one or more of the doors

Reply to
Colbyt

Thanks ! Sliding doors behind the doors is a great idea.

Reply to
roger61611

Expand your search criteria. Many people are using converted furniture as vanities these days.

Maybe you could find an antique item or even something new that fiits your dimensions, then adapt the back and top to fit your plumbing needs.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Cutting down a vanity cabinet was exactly what we did. After buying a new counter top at a bargain (but the right colour for our bathroom rebuild) then getting it home and realising it was shallower than the original by several inches.

Very little trouble to modify the cabinet. The vanity cabinet abuts two walls, the one behind it and the one to its left which has a GFI outlet for shaving etc.

The vanity top containing the sink/wash-basin is now not as deep from the wall behind it. With a largish mirror above it is much preferable to the original counter top which IIRC was a piece of left over from some kitchen work!

Reply to
terry

You are the most beautiful woman, ever.

Did that help your shallow vanity?