help separate vacuum cleaner cover?

I'm trying to remove a cover of this hoover windtunnel upright vacuum so I can replace a broken control cable (similar to a bicycle-brake cable) for the self-propel mechanism.
The piece that I want to remove is outlined in squiggly red in the two photos here. I have already unscrewed 4 screws from one side. But it is still firmly attached to the base unit. I can't figured out how it is attached. The only things I see are three little rectangular holes (circirled in red) with a tab inside. I tried pushing the tab, prying the tab (which is attached to a metallic strip) to no avail.
http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/1410909/1/90990782/Original
http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/1410909/1/90990797/Original (the rectangular hole is in the center of this photo)
Any idea how to separate these two pieces?