Help - Sealing Bottom Edge of T-111 Siding

I am getting ready to pain my house that has T-111 siding. You can tell in place that water has "wicked" up the siding a bit. I would like to buy some really good sealer for the bottom edges before I paint/stain the siding. What have you used? Was it good? Harry

All right, Harry. It's usually my house that pains me. Sorry couldn't resist.
I doubt there is a good way to seal the bottom edge of T-111. If it is 8 inches above the ground, it might be dry. As Tony suggests, plywood holds water. If it is sealed in, it will cause problems later. TB
Harry Everhart wrote:

Wonder it's good idea? What if there is moisture trapped underneath? It should drain back down or breath. Just a thought. Maybe should leave some openings. Tony
Ed wrote:

Who's getting pain? Harry or his house? Couldn't resist either, LOL. Tony

I had a garage in my last house where the T-111 was about 2 inches from the surrounding sidewalk. During the heavy rains (California) it would wick up and leave a white fungus. When the weather dried up I would spray it with a fungicide and pressure wash. Then I would apply about 3 or 4 coats of paint from about 6 inches down and feather it into the existing paint job. After a number of years it slowed down but I never did get it to completely stop. I did consider silicon caulking but never actually did this. My opinion.....all T-111 siding should be banned and destroyed.....I'm not bitter am I ?? ......Ross

Where were you when I lived in California...I sure spent a lot of time maintaining that junk.....take care, Ross
I hate that stuff too neighbors shed/carport that encroaches onto my yard .. handy man carpenter had sheet metal shop bend a L, with short part of the L is nice rounded back drip edge that he slipped up under it and sat the siding on the metal so wet from the bottom can't easily get behind nor splash up under it, run off drips away from it... works, looks fine for several years so far & my sprinkler mists it well twice a week yr. round !