Help please: acacia tree root suckers

I had a black acacia tree about 20 yrs old, the trunk ~14" across. About 5 yrs ago I had to prune it heavily; I took off about 1/3 of the crown during the growing season. Last year, before any growth I took it all the way down. THe stump is till in place.
Ever since the initial heavy pruing and especially since the felling, my yard is TOTALLY overtaken by root suckers. Little acacia trees ALL OVER the yard, some 50-60 feet away from the stump, but mostly within 10-15 ft from the stump.
I've been using Sucker Stopper RTU but I can't keep up.
Any suggestions? Is there a systemic poison that I can apply to the stump that'll get to the roots and suckers? Will a regular stump killer (i.e. Bonide) work?
Thanks a heap, -Zz "Zz Yzx" rhymes with "physics"; or " Isaacs" if you prefer. http://www.abandonedbutnotforgotten.com/zzyzx_road.htm

Darn difficult to koill acacia (unles you are trying NOT to)

Try Roundup in the undiluted 40% concentration. Use a paintbrush to apply it to the stump and on all suckers.
--
www.rationality.net

Roundup on the stump won't help - or if it does it's effect will be limited.
Drill holes in the stump - about one every 4 to 6 inches in a grid pattern - 3/4 to 1 inch diameter, and about a foot or so deep and pack the holes with saltpetre (Pottassium Nitrate)Ammonium Nitrate works as well - Calcium Nitrate would likely also work. Saltpetre can almost totally decay a stump and major root systems in a matter of months.
If ammonium nitrate doesn't take the stump out, pour some diesel fuel into the holes, insert a fuse, light and RUN!!!!!!! DO NOT DO THIS ANYWHERE CLOSE TO BUILDINGS, OR CIVILIZATION!!!!!!!!!!!! The bang will be large, and the destruction widespread!!!
On Sun, 31 Jul 2011 21:56:52 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

What size fuse? 15A 20A or 30A ? Should it be a standard fuse or a slow-blow one?
On Tue, 02 Aug 2011 05:25:43 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@myplace.com wrote:

Det-cord