HELP! My Fridge Water Filter Comes undone and floods parts of the house.

I wake up and i go downstairs to the main floor. I go into the kitchen, we're redoing it, so the fridge was moved (problem found?). We kept the water filter line hooked up to the fridge because we didnt have to move it... But now, there is water coming out of it; i see that the cord came apart in the night time. The kitchen is flooded, the wood floor get's drenched. Instincts: Shut off the water. I go to the basement only to shutoff the water and i see that everything is wet -- the water went through the kitchen floor, and was now flooding the basement. The family and I put down rags all over the place bedsheets, etc. We're still trying to get water out of the basement...using big car sponges and a bucket--it's working. Of course I have many concerns but my 2 top ones are:

  1. How do I get water out of the basement?
  2. What about the house?! The wood damage? Electric wiring?
Reply to
nominal

Wet/dry vac for the water

Call your insurance company

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I'm adding your story to my long list of reasons why I'll never run a water line to a refrigerator. If I were an insurance company, I'd not insure anyone with one either.

Reply to
scott21230

It's easier to fill a tray with water and freeze it. No problems with water lines.

Reply to
Czlowiek