Height of kitchen counter outlets

Assuming you have 18" of space between the base and wall cabinets, how high should outlets be? I'm thinking 9" high, but I'm not sure.

Reply to
Mikepier

Nec requires them to be no more than 18" above the countertop, so whatever suits your needs

Reply to
RBM

Sorry, that's been revised to 20" above the countertop

Reply to
RBM

Reply to
Ray K

That post was an addendum to my first reply which states: Nec requires them to be no more than 18" above the countertop, so whatever

Reply to
RBM

2005 NEC 210.52(C)(5) says "... above, but not more than ... 20 in. above ..." 210.52 has a lot more that you should read, if you are locating outlets.
Reply to
M Q