hedge clipper failing

On anything but the thinnest twigs, the old hedge clipper will bind and I'll hear that loud squealing noise. I took it apart and inside there is a rotating wheel with sort of splines on it, which is driven by the motor. This presses into a sort of cylinder and the friction fit drives the cylinder, which works the clipper teeth. It's old and worn, so it slips and squeals.
Is there any way to repair it to get another season or two out of it? Thanks.
On Wed, 08 Jun 2011 19:16:32 -0400, Tom wrote:

You could try some epoxy - some types are pretty strong, and also stand up well to vibration, heat, dirt, grease etc.
I wonder if the wheel is designed to be a weak point though, saving the motor if the blades jam (a bit like mower blade keys that are supposed to shear rather than causing more severe engine damage if the blade hits something solid). If that's the case, replacement wheels might be available at a reasonable cost.
cheers
Jules
What make is it?