Heavy bag in the basement?

They had them at a ren fest I was at in Florida a few years back. Made out of resin, but done up to look like varnished bone. Pretty creepy shit.

--Don-- The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Reply to
Don Wagner

Creepier shit - there was a store in Toronto in the 80's that sold actual human skulls n' stuff (earrings made of phalanges, a walking stick with the grip made out of a trochanter). Most of the skulls were just... skulls, but there was one piece that just made me sad - a child's skull made into an inkwell, with the most gorgeous silver fittings.

Badger Jones

Badger North

"Badger North" wrote

I used a Tibetan skull cup for a cereal bowl for a while- and have a pair of chopsticks made from human bone still.

Chas

Reply to
Chas

Yikes, I hate to T-off on the various religious sects because reason ain't a priority with any of 'em anyway, ay, but the Mormon version of "history" has to go, Stormin' Mormon.

Let's not kid ourselves this stuff about Joseph Smith discovering a "lost" scripture and being able to read it suddenly with golden spectacles represents any kind of factual information. That's about a lame an origins story as I've ever seen.

Even the Scientologist scam with alien beings involved has more pizzazz- you Mormons need some aliens to spice this thing up. The golden specs routine just ain't making it. JS

Reply to
YoJimbo

Most parts of all of them.

/Jacob

Reply to
Jacob Andersen

Now think of the fact that much of our FBI is made up of Mormons; much of the USSecret Service, USMarshals and so on. They control a strip of land running from Arizona to Idaho, and you cross it at your peril. They hate you. I mean, they actively sit around and hate you- think up shit to do to you, do it when they can. There were some terrible and unjustified things done to them, and they haven't forgotten it at all. They are the basis for the survivalist movement; for the militia movement; for the separatist movement. They are a huge religious commune that acts in the corporate and political world as well. I married into the religion; took instruction, lived/live amongst them- weirdest white folks you ever met, and thinkin' about you all the time.

Chas

Chas- hi. i'm not disputing the facts of your experience regarding the polygamous clan you lived among, experiences on the highway with the uhp, etc. however, i would say that my experiences have differed from yours. i've lived in utah over a decade, married into a mormon family (my wife is ex-mormon), i work with mormons, live with mormons, etc. my wife's family has both strong pioineer and polygamous roots (her great grandfather's family was in mexico for a bit and they even have some cool stories about pancho villa). neither of us have ever experienced nor even heard of some of the views that you mention above. i would totally agree with the idea that utah is probably closer to a theocracy than any state in the union, but in the sense of the people being very conservative, religious republicans not insane gentile haters. i would also agree that they have a strong persecutory complex from their early history and that many of them believe they have the one true religion. however, i do not believe that the positions you describe above are held by the majority of mormons that a person would meet in utah. rather, they would be an extreme view. back to lurking...

regards,

dan

Reply to
Dan

"Dan" wrote

Yeah; my wife went Jack too- then returned to the Church later in her life, very ardent now.

Now give them a gun and see what happens.

The extreme view is just that- the extreme of a scale that starts from 'neutral'. You don't need to meet but one of the extreme ones, and 'neutral' isn't available at all. I'm probably more affrontive to them than you are as well. It's pretty obvious, from 50 ft. away, that I'm not Mormon- not true with them at all.

Chas

Reply to
Chas

I've been through that strip of land in a car, on a bike, and through parts of it on foot - met plently of people along the way. Never found there to be any peril.

Nah, they're just really uptight people.

None of the mormons I know are like this. Quite the opposite, most of them are quite friendly and helpful, often to the point where it's annoying. Granted I don't know what they talk about in secret but frankly don't care much either.

True for every other major religion.

Just for future reference, is there any group that *isn't* out to get you?

Reply to
Shuurai

"Shuurai" wrote

Even a good net has holes in it.

What does 'uptight' mean?

Obviously, it doesn't impinge on you much- not so for a lot of other people.

I've only identified one group that's 'out to get me', and that's corrupt government officials here in the Denver area. And I've proven it time and time again. If I knew there was a nest of vipers in your path, I'd warn you about them too.

Chas

Reply to
Chas

Only the ones that haven't met him. :-)

Badger Jones

Badger North

Hehehe... Get back to your primordial soup! Heathen! Hehehe...

Reply to
Wayne Dobson

Just curious... how can your religious affiliation (or lack thereof) be obvious from a distance of fifty feet?

Reply to
Doug Miller

About half the Mormons I know own some form of gun. From what little I know, Mormons actually have a lower crime rate than the rest of the population. Not zero, but lower.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in news:VLQbd.304927$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.nyroc.rr.com:

However when you do go crazy and commit a crime it's a real doozy. Anybody want to buy some letters? All original and going cheap,(or rather going BOOOOOM!) Ted

Reply to
weirdwolf

"Stormin Mormon" wrote

Maybe they don't count Saint-on-Gentile crime.

Chas

Reply to
Chas

Try doing pulling excersizes with resistant bands after your bagwork Pressure is good for muscles

Sound like you have a bit to much

Reply to
LARY

Necro thread, this one is 17 years old.

However I have the solution for the OP, or if necessary his kids or grandkids.

Don't hang a bag in the basement. Pick a tree in the back yard with a trunk somewhere around 4 inches in diameter.

Drive around your neighborhood on trash pickup night and look for a discarded carpet.

Cut a piece of carpet about 6 feet wide and wrap it around around the trunk until it is as thick as the bag you wanted.

Now you can work out all you want on an indestructible heavy bag.

Reply to
TimR