Has anyone bought those "Ever Brite" lights (TV Ad)

This is one of the few of those Tv commercials that looks like something I'd consider buying. But I never order anything by mail (especially at $14 shipping). I'm sure they will be at Walmart and other stores soon.
I'm wondering if they have any real brightness, and the sensor works as it should. I seriously doubt the self adhesive will last long (it never does), but there appears to be a screw hole in them.
No, I'm not advertising them.... But here is their URL.
https://www.buyeverbrite.com/
If you have them, are they any good?
On 4/13/2016 12:14 AM, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

I can't speak for the actual item you posted but I did buy 4 of these (Amazon.com product link shortened)
I was surprised at the brightness and how well they work. After 5 winter months, they are still going strong.
On Wednesday, April 13, 2016 at 6:29:23 AM UTC-4, SBH wrote:

Just as an aside, I had 2 "weatherproof" lights go bad within a year until I determined that it was the mounting location. The fixture is mounted under the eave of a small shed (no gutters) but extends past the edge of the roof. I guess the water running off of the roof and cascading over the fixture is too much for it to handle. The same style fixture, mounted out in the open on a wall, has no such issues.
I slipped a piece of plexiglass under the first row of shingles to direct the water over and around the fixture and the 3rd one has lasted for 3 years.
Bravo! Great detective work.
. Christopher A. Young learn more about Jesus . www.lds.org . .
On 4/13/2016 3:57 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Oren posted for all of us...

Haw, him get with the program? ROTFL After 20 years of his shite you expect him to change? Ho ho ho. His majik undies will save him.
--
Tekkie

On Wed, 13 Apr 2016 00:14:34 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

I don't know about this particular one but the usual flaw in these cheap lights is the battery. They use a small Ni-Cad and they will not last long the way they are charged and discharged.

I'm impressed the listed the shipping charges, in a way that's easy to find. It would be good to know if they are bright enough to be useful.
Someone good with modification can put in battery holder and AA or sub C NiMH cells.
Peel and stick worries me, the glue promptly dries up and the unit falls down.
Friend of mine liked the Light Angel.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/271884294298?ul_noapp=true&chn=ps&lpid
I don't have one, can't comment. But he liked them.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
[snip]

Would you know what size battery? That's something they should put in the ad.
I found out that some of the solar lights I bought used 2/3AA. The only ones I could find cost several times as much as new lights. Those lights were too dim too.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/
On 04/12/2016 11:14 PM, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:
[snip]

I wish those sites wouldn't start playing sound.

I haven't used one of THOSE lights, but it reminds me of the solar lights I've had. They were very dim, and the batteries failed quickly. I'd put in better batteries and those still wouldn't last very long.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/
On 4/13/2016 2:03 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:

Makes me wonder if the charge circuit is unregulated? Might be drying out the batteries. Electrolysis.
--
.
Christopher A. Young