Hardwood Stair Installation Questions

I just finished laying engneering wood oak floorings and am ready to do stairs.
Installing steps and risers is a lot different than laying floorings.
Here is my problem: I like to install solid oak for steps. But the depth of my steps are 11 inches and solid oak step materials with bull nose come in either 10&1/2 or 11&1/2 inches.
Are there 12 inches or 12&1/2 inch solid oak steps?
If I can't get the wider one, I will use 3 inch strips with stair nose.
Is there any web site showing tips on installing stair steps?
Thanks.
|I just finished laying engneering wood oak floorings and am ready to | do stairs. | | Installing steps and risers is a lot different than laying floorings. | | Here is my problem: I like to install solid oak for steps. But the | depth of my steps are 11 inches and solid oak step materials with bull | nose come in either 10&1/2 or 11&1/2 inches.
they come in 9 1/2 in & 11 1/2 in (never heard of a 1x11)
| | Are there 12 inches or 12&1/2 inch solid oak steps?
if you glue 2 pieces together.
| | If I can't get the wider one, I will use 3 inch strips with stair | nose.
better off with 1x8 w/nosing and 1x6 ripped to size.
| | Is there any web site showing tips on installing stair steps? | | Thanks. |