Harbor Freight difficult choice

ghed at me for paying $60 for a Longacre inflator when his HF one cost unde r $10 and to be fair, the gauge on it checked within the limits of my eyes as accurate WRT the Longacre.

reading high. I figured that I'd just slap a better gauge on it and give it back to him. Well it takes a 1/8" NPT gauge and all I can find that see m decent are 1/4". Then I thought I'd tell him to just buy another $10 inf lator and I'll salvage what I can for my tool kit. Well the tire chuck on it is kind of annoying, the gauge is busted, and the inflator itself sticks sometimes. What's left... the hose?

No cord, hooks to shop air.

Reply to
N8N

Not any more. I quit buying life insurance on me or my wife over 15 years ago.

Once the childern were grown and everything was paid for there was no need for life insurance.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Sounds like you're a survivor. And, that makes you a chImpion, in my eyes. Way to go, chImp!

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

The choice was made easier. The drill combo was Drill Master, which is a different size and type of battery. Won't fit my Chicago Electric. Sigh.

Don't you just hate that?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I call that an expansion tank, or burp tank. Not an inflator. An inflator (to me) is a compressor. Or a tire pump.

In the case of that tank, you can put it in the system with your home compressor, so it runs longer between cycles. More oompah in the first couple seconds, for air tools.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon