Harbor Freight

Hold on fore ya get to happy, I just went to "put hands on it" and I can't locate it. But, if I find it your welcome to it.

Searcher "C" monster took the last one

Reply to
Shopdog

Dunno, I've got the Milwaukee Super Sawzall and love it, especially the quick lock blade holder and the counterbalance that helps it aggravate my carpal tunnel less.

Pete C.

Reply to
Pete C.

Downside to HF items.

Rubber used in the tires and wheels is of lower quality, ie; a wheelbarrow tire that is a year old is already dryrotting (as per friend) Cutoff wheels 4.5" don't last long at all you need at least 5 just to complete a small project (as per ME, it took 5 wheels to complete a trailer (4X8)) Parts washer (the green antifreeze looking stuff, doesn't clean as much as it suds,and it leaves residue. Bolt cutters-Jaws are soft Diamond cut off wheels -- actually Cubic Zarconia Solar battery charger, melts when placed in sun, no seriously it melted on my buddys camper

Upsides;

Pittsburg impact sockets are tough Cutoff wheels are somtimes cheap enough not to worry about how many you use.

Searcher

Reply to
Shopdog

Keith Williams wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@News.Individual.NET:

I bought a very nice HF jigsaw,a clone of a Bosch 1581(the model just before the quick blade release),I'm very satisfied with it. $59.95,compared to a Bosch $160 at HD.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Their industrial duty reciprocating saw is on sale on the web for $39.99. I don't know if the store will honor web pricing or not. I have not used any HF power tools but after looking at them in the store I would avoid most unless they are the industrial series which still are 70% less than major brand names when they are on sale. I have heard on other forums that their low line cordless tools are mostly garbage and when taken apart bronze sleeves are often found instead of ball bearings. I have a HF crown stapler that I bought for $19 with case and staples that works great to go along with my Porter Cable kit that came with a pancake compressor, finish and brad nailer. On other forums users really like their $14.99 [when on sale]

18 ga brad nailer and >> Ignoramus16643 wrote:
Reply to
Steven L Umbach

In my experience the stores are very agreeable to honoring the online prices (just print the page) and all the catalogs and flyers. Rain checks on coupons for out of stock items, or in one case an "it's on one of the two trucks we're unloading right now" item.

Pete C.

Reply to
Pete C.

Well, I just learned something about HF welding wire. ITs not good, oh it works well enough but the slag it produces makes you want to rip your hair out. I think I spent more time removing slag then I did welding. I can't wait to run out of this crap.

Searcher

Reply to
Shopdog

That's so you buy their cheap air scaller and perhaps a cheap compressor to go with it.

Pete C.

Reply to
Pete C.

Their sawzall blades go dull rapidly. I got th eir angle grinder, and have been very pleased with it.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Bring the catalog (I get em in the mail every couple days) in. The store honors the catalog sale prices. Got a $25 flashlight for $10 that way.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Uh, crap quality at cheapo prices. The stuff is garbage.

Reply to
sonofabitchsky

Yup, been there. The China-made stuff is to be avoided. I have to confess I did buy a HF China-made grinder stand for $25, but never a machine or anything that requires precision. Harbor Freight does carry Milwaukee and Makita tools which are very good. You just have to be careful when shopping there.

Reply to
Phisherman