Hanging plastic shutters

My aunt in another city wants to replace plastic shutters that are about 15 years old. She doesn't know how to get them down. Sliding a knife behind a shutter, she can feel where the screws are, but there is no screw head or plug on the face of the shutter.
Was there a way plastic shutters were hung a few years ago without putting a fastener through the face?
E Z Peaces wrote:

I have shutters of about that vintage. From memory you drilled a hole and the shutter had a floating fastener that looked like a bolt but instead of threads it had reverse barbs. You simply pushed it into the hole you drilled until it was tight. Prying is probably going to be the only way to get them out. And they will likely be somewhat brittle from being in the sun.

15 years?
Not sure.
Mine might have been a bit older. Before the plastic with barbs, they used screws. The screw head was covered with a plastic half sphere. Same color as the shutter, might be easy to miss.
I'd say if you want to replace them, just yank one off. The method of attachment will become obvious.

wrap some tape around a hacksaw blade for a handle and slide it under and cut the screws

This is a "I think I recall" reply.
I think there was. You attached a retainer to the house and the shutter snapped over it. The advice to pry on it with something protecting the non-brick house from the pry bar is about as good as the advice is going to get.
Let me add, wear eye protection while prying. That old plastic may shatter.
Colbyt