Handy tool

To support a disposal during installation. More of an idea, really

I've been using a bottle-jack to hold up the disposal, but the method's the same.

Reply to
HeyBub

Clever, but $35 (with s/h) seems a bit steep.

Reply to
The Streets

I have to agree. $35 is a bit steep.

I sure could have used one of those a couple of weeks back. My back hurt for a week after I replaced ours.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt

Scissors jack from an auto salvage yard...$5.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

I don't know- I love gadgets as much as the next guy, but. . .

I'm a crippled old man who needs a 1/2hour in the hot tub every morning before he can stand upright.

Granted, it has been 2-3yrs, but I held the last one up with one hand while I closed the locking mechanism with the other. When I can't hold it up for 30seconds I'll either drag my screw jacks out of the basement or use a piece of 2x4 cut to the right length. [if I use the 2x4 I'll leave it right under the sink for use the next time]

Jim [otoh- if I needed an excuse to buy a little bottle jack I might add the cost on to the next disposal project]

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

Happy wife with disposal.... priceless.

Reply to