Hammer Tackers

I need to buy a hammer tacker for putting down some felt. The 2 brands I am considering are the Bostitch and the Arrow. Doew anyone have any suggestions or advice? Thanks!
On 16 Oct 2003 13:18:31 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (john) wrote:

I have an Arrow. There has probably been 50,000 staples through it. It was left out in the rain a couple of times and still works fine.
Can't think of a better testimonial than that!
john wrote:

I have both. Look at the handles of the tackers. The Bostitch is slightly bent. The Arrow is straight. I like the Bostitch. Much more comfortable to handle, less knuckle bashing. Just feels balanced. The Arrow feels like a big heavy club.
I'm building a place at the lake. Look at the cabin jpg's
http://www.mts.net/~lmlod /
If the two were left out in the rain, I would bring the Bostitch back in. :)

The Arrow handle is straight. I skinned a few knuckles before learning how to use it. You don't have the finger clearance like a claw hammer. I haven't used a Bostitch but the angled handle sounds like a good idea.I'm curious about the staples though. Is the stick of staples angled as well?
The nice thing about the Arrow is that you can use the same T50 staples in their regular stapler. There are times to need each.
#################### Keep the whole world singing. . . Dan G (remove the 7)